Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Upgrade bath sink faucet ?

Is there an upgrade for our bath faucet?

Actually my bath sink faucett started leaking when I turned the water on. I discovered the leak was coming from the middle of the faucet under the sink and not a loose water line connection.

I figure it it is timne to replace this Taiwan made faucet with something of quality if possible. Does anyone know of a quality replacement faucet ?

G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:21 AM   #2
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
your best bet will be a replacement from Home Depot or Lowes (name brand like Moen or American Standard)

They both have a lifetime warranty against leaks, so if it leaks again, it'll be on their nickle
kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:41 AM   #3
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
G McCall,
Try these guys out, They are an independent supply house in your area. Just tell them a fellow Omni member from Alabama sent you to them. Steve

Maxwell Wholesale Plumbing
11454 Industrial Way
Forney, TX 75126

(972) 564-6020ý
FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:42 AM   #4
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kilch123

your best bet will be a replacement from Home Depot or Lowes (name brand like Moen or American Standard)

They both have a lifetime warranty against leaks, so if it leaks again, it'll be on their nickle
I agree but am wishful thinking that there is a replacement with the exact fittings. The reason I say that is I replaced my kitchen faucet last year with a nice upgrade from Loews, but adapting the fittings were a nightmare.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 AM   #5
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FLSTS03

G McCall,
Try these guys out, They are an independent supply house in your area. Just tell them a fellow Omni member from Alabama sent you to them. Steve

Maxwell Wholesale Plumbing
11454 Industrial Way
Forney, TX 75126

(972) 564-6020ý

Thanks Steve, I will give them a call.
can't beat their location
Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 AM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
I have replaced both of our faucets in our Montana. The Moens were very easy to do with no additional addaptions required. The fittings matched up with no problem. Purchased at Lowe's.
As a side note, I also kept the original faucets to be reinstalled at time of sale or trade on another Montana.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:33 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
After 33 months of heavy use all our faucet's are leaking. We are purchasing replacements to have on hand as when one goes up like old faithful we will be prepaired. Moen is a good choice and seem to fit without modification.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:54 AM   #8
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

After 33 months of heavy use all our faucet's are leaking. We are purchasing replacements to have on hand as when one goes up like old faithful we will be prepaired. Moen is a good choice and seem to fit without modification.
I will look at the Moen faucet's for a replacement.
I will have the old faucet with me and make sure the threads are the same.

I discovered, when I replaced the kitchen faucet that the faucet threads on on the fixture of some our member's trailers were differnt than others. Go figure. I never found a fixture at Loews or Home Depot that would hook up directly to my trailer water line.
My trailer water line required different faucet threads. I vene went to a plumbing supply house, took my new and old faucett with me and said I need to go form this thread to this thread. They had trouble with the concept and could not do it. Fact was they did not carry the products. A good employee at Loews finally hooked me up with the fittings.

The folks with the right fittings don't know how lucky they are.
Now... with that said I realize I "ain't" no plumber.