Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM   #21
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
Today I got a new contact at Keystone a little higher than Owner Relations. He actually called me!! Today I was informed that one of my two parts is being shipped from Goshen to the dealer for delivery today and the other part is expected in Goshen middle of next week. So if all goes well it has taken 3 months in the shop to fix two major and 10 minor issues. I guess I should be glad since it is not 5 months. The new contact also agreed that my roof drain issue is a design defect and that I should inspect the caulking around the lakes frequently as any caulking failure is an owner responsibility. He did say they had submitted the issue to design. But that will not help me of course.

jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:51 AM   #22
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
James: Is the roof drain issue and "lakes" the design defect you mentioned earlier? Can you give us a little more detail?
Old 09-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #23
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WeBeFulltime

Your dealer did not do a proper inspection of the unit and make corrections BEFORE you did your own PDI. When buying from my dealer he hooks up and checks EVERYTHING for 3 days before you do your own PDI and take delivery. He did this on both Montana units I bought from him and neither had to go back for anything. If I buy again it will be from him! I have personally witnessed this on my 2 units and others he (his crew) were prepping for delivery. Used a check list about 4 pages long.
Please give us the name and location of your dealer.
Sorry I took so long, I must have been snoozing!

Northgate RV
Ringgold, GA.

They will treat you every way but wrong.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #24
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
Hi Bad Moon,
On my HC there are two screw moldings that attach the back panel to the coach sides. They go up to and are bent and lay on the edge of the roof extending over a foot toward the front of the coach. The rear cap molding fits exactly between these to foot long pieces. when caulked both corners are low, the moldings are high and form small lakes in both rear corners from the AC condensate. In my unit the lake would fill and the water would go under the plastic screw covers and drip out at the bottom of the rear panel. This would keep the screws wet all the time and create a quick rear panel failure.

When I complained General RV took a couple handful of Dicor and made bigger lakes that now drain over the bac panel 6-10 inches from each side. The water runs down on top of the taillights and some of it its in the door frame of my rear panel storage door. There are actually gutters in each rear corner but there is no way to get the water into the gutters. The storage door frame should not be always wet.

So if all works there are 4 picture URL's below that show you what my new roof looks like now. Keystone has called it a design defect and as such will not fixit on my unit. I bought it as is?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ze=2048%2C1361
Old 04-26-2017, 09:02 AM   #25
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
No roof repair by Keystone

Well I have finally given up on getting my rear roof fixed. Many of you and a manager in owner relations are a little shocked at the pictures of how my rear roof forms lakes, drips down into the storage compartment door, then freezes in winter storage. Yesterday Owner Relations in what my warranty dealer termed a nasty email has again refused to fix it, telling them the owner must be vigilant on checking caulking frequently that is under water. The issue is more about it first draining inside the screw channels holding the back wall on and when General RV fixed that with a few mounds of caulking made the water go down the middle into the storage door. It appears they wasted money installing gutters that get no runoff water.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:18 PM   #26
bad99ram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18650
Last June when we took delivery of our 2016 Montana High Country we had many issues with the furniture. Our dealer couldn't see the problem with most of the issues. This Feb we went to the Tampa RV show and we cornered a factory Rep. We were armed with photos and a copy of the title with our units VIN #. We explained our issues with a calm and collected demeanor. After we returned home we returned to the same dealer. Now they cant do enough to help us. All new furniture has been ordered no problem.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:23 PM   #27
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
Well I have gone to officers in sales, management in owner relations, now on my 4th warranty center who is really trying to get the issues fixed but their last demeaning refusal to the dealer to fix the roof, the lower skirting inches away from where it belongs and the kitchen slide caret I always trip over as it is always bunched up, has firmed my resolve to give a truthful response to anyone inquiring about buying a Keystone Product.

I have never been nasty or angry with them but this time I have been more forceful in what I needed to be fixed. They assigned an owner relations person to expedite repair and promised me it would all be expedited when I dropped it off early in February. The 6 damaged cabinet doors due to improper installation are still not at the Dealers after 10 weeks on order. The Owner Relations Rep assigned to expedite my issues no longer answers emails.

It is too bad I did not meet your factory rep and actually received what they promised. I have only 5 weeks left of their warranty so I will now escalate my issues and my frustration at higher levels in Keystone and Thor.