Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2015, 04:11 AM   #1
tracyclifton
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11859
Looping LED lights

Last year I installed the LED lights under the awning. The thread is here http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=58586. Last weekend I added another set about an inch below the first set. I connected the two sets together at the far end from the power supply of the first set. The very end of the 2nd set seems to be noticeably dimmer than the beginning. I was wondering if I could just splice the end of the second set back into the beginning of the first set to make a complete loop. I know you can do that with 12V landscape lighting to keep the voltage level. Does anyone know for sure? I don't want to ruin 2 sets of LEDs. Thanks in advance.

tracyclifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:20 AM   #2
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Try disconnecting the second set from the first and as you suggested, hook them up to the wires at the start of the first string. While looping should be OK, I'd try it this way first.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote