Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 AM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Campground Fun at Reflections

You might giggle.

Till you get to the last photo, warning, I strongly suggest you DO NOT have a mouthful of food nor drink.

Just sayin - -

Click in

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Noticed that when the Montana’s were in the circle that I could only count about 4-5 awnings that were extended out. Is there any particular reason for that?
I was just wondering if it was windy there.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Bill, that was last year's circle photo. Last year the weather was fair, no major storms. The year prior and this year, I hear they had really bad storms, this year strong winds, very strong.

The only time our awning has been deployed in well over 2 years is when we were at the stick built last summer and CountryGuy decided it must be washed. Of course, ours does not go back up for travel the best any more, the fabric is stretched, etc. So, basically we are just too flippin' lazy to fuss with it, especially when we are traveling a lot.

But, yes, Arizona can be quite windy, as can be the Rio Grande Valley, Texas and also here in Gulf Shores Alabama. Very few awnings deployed here either. Some campers here put out square storage tents, but, do not put them up all the way, so, they are extended up about 4 or 5 feet max. Even then, they get blown away and shredded to pieces by the wind. All that said, the windiest place we have stayed, where the most wind blew the most days, was the RGV, in my opinion.

Might want to check back with me later today, as there is another chance of some snarly storms, hopefully no more tornadoes for Alabama today. Oh, and this is the park where several years ago a Montana was flipped upside down, yes, ending up on it's roof. Yes, it was totaled. OntMont was parked in the next campsite, he remembers it well.

Wind, bad, snow worse! Just sayin - -
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Makes me sad to think I spent money on a hose support when I had two in the basement
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote