Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
ONERUNNING
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10448
Bedsaver/Pinlock

Just did a search, and finished reading all I could find on the subject. It looks like I need to be in the market for one or the other. I'm using a 16K Reese slider, so Im just wanting to get some gereral ideas on which might be my best way to go, bedsaver or pinlock. It appaers that both serve their purpose, and it just a matter of shoppers choice.

ONERUNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Joe-- I'm a proud owner of the Blue Ox Bedsaver and wouldn't be without it. I have not ever lost the Monte do to a mislatch or whatever you call it but I did try the bedsaver intentionally just to make sure it worked. It's great, and did all it was suppose to!!

I know a fellow MOCr from here in Omaha that had a "drop" of his Monte while back East on a trip last fall and it cost him $8-10,000 for repairs on his TV and Monte. He's back East again and got a call from him and it came off again but this time he had the Bedsaver installed and it saved him all that cash again! He now swears by it! This time it came off due to a "mis-communication" according to him. Last time it was a faulty hitch plate.

I also have a Reese slider and it was very easy to install. Took me less than an hour and that was with torquing the bolts and all.

If you want to attend our Central Plains Regional Rally coming up in July, you can talk to the reps from Blue Ox personally since they will be putting on a program on Thursday the 15th. They will be bringing some of their products they manufacture here in Nebraska and answering any questions that may come up that day!

Can't comment on the pinlock since I don't have one! Sorry!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote