Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
gitrdun
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4075
exhaust extension

Does anyone use an exhaust extension up the side of your rv? I am planning to attend a nascar race and was wondering if they are worth the money or construct myself.

gitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
You do mean for the generator? They would put the fumes and noise up in the air above ear level but I have seen them but never had a generator to use one.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I used to use one on my MH. It does get the fumes up out of the way and your neighbors will like not having to choke on it.

If you build one, consider a heat shield if you can. That thing was like a magnet and for some reason everybody that walked by it reached out and grabbed it like a handrail - once!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Having just been to the race at Atlanta and staying in the infield, our generator did not have any extension on it. While we were on top watching the race, if the exhaust was piped up, we would have been breathing it in. The motor homes and buses, trailers and 5ers around us, none of them had the extensions.
Any fumes at ground level were just mixed with the smoke from the grills and the wrecks and blown tires. I really didn't notice any fumes at all, and I wouldn't say I had that much to drink(my dw reads this forum too).
Also, when you're there, all generators are to be turned off at 11pm and the security does a good job making sure that happens!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote