Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Slide button sticking

Everyone; We just had a 2000 Montana pull into the park here, Walt was out talking to them and found out the the hole in the front storage was just like ours when we caught on fire, Also they are having trouble with the slide button. What it is doing is when they put out the slides and release the button it won't shut off but keeps running and he has to keep punching it till it will stop. Does any know what could be causing this?? or know of a fix for it??.

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Boy, Linda, that is a really old Montana! LOL Are Fred and Wilma there? Our previous 5er had this problem. Switch needs to be replaced or maybe just cleaned.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Replacement is the best solution for a sticky switch.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Sooooo Sorry, LOL,LOL I left off a 0, Thanks you guys I will tell them and have ask them to join the forum.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Linda,

My 1999 has a Dewald pump set up and I assume their 2000 model does also. I had a similar problem with my Montana last year. A bad solenoid was the problem, not the switch. On ours the pump wouldn't shut off right away when releasing the switch inside the coach. It would however shut down after a short period of time. There's also a switch on the pump in the front storage compartment. Try it from there and see if it does the same thing. If it does it's probably a solenoid. There are two solenoids, one for extension and one for retraction. The solenoid with the green wire retracts the slides, the one with the blue wire extends them. The two solenoids are the same part number and if one goes out you can use the other to extend or retact by switching either the green or blue wire to the good one.

Go to www.powergearus.com for an online parts and service manual. I ordered 2 solenoids at $30 each from them, so I now carry a spare. I wouldn't be surprised if you found the same part available at a local auto parts store.

Good luck,

Don

Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Boy, Linda, that is a really old Montana! LOL Are Fred and Wilma there? Our previous 5er had this problem. Switch needs to be replaced or maybe just cleaned.
Happy trails....................
Hey, watch it. Ours is a 2000. LOL.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Searchers

Linda,

My 1999 has a Dewald pump set up and I assume their 2000 model does also. I had a similar problem with my Montana last year. A bad solenoid was the problem, not the switch. On ours the pump wouldn't shut off right away when releasing the switch inside the coach. It would however shut down after a short period of time. There's also a switch on the pump in the front storage compartment. Try it from there and see if it does the same thing. If it does it's probably a solenoid. There are two solenoids, one for extension and one for retraction. The solenoid with the green wire retracts the slides, the one with the blue wire extends them. The two solenoids are the same part number and if one goes out you can use the other to extend or retact by switching either the green or blue wire to the good one.

Go to www.powergearus.com for an online parts and service manual. I ordered 2 solenoids at $30 each from them, so I now carry a spare. I wouldn't be surprised if you found the same part available at a local auto parts store.

Good luck,

Don

Hey Don

Do you have the part number for the solenoids?Probably a good idea to keep a spare or 2
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:20 AM   #8
MikeandBarb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2332
I agree with Don that its the solenoid that needs replacing. Don helped us a year ago with the same problem on our 2001 Montana. Mike
MikeandBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:57 AM   #9
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Harleyrider,

The part number for my unit WZ10000, but I suggest you check their online site to make sure you have the same set up I do. I printed out a lot of good information on parts & service instructions for the slideout system.

Power Gear (www.powergearus.com)
1217 E. 7th Street
Mishawaka IN 46544
Toll free: 1-800-334-4712
Fax: (574) 256-6743
Parts Orders: parts@pwrsysa.com
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote