Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
sewer storage

Ihave inherited a piece of 4 inch PVC, 8 ft long, Any ideas wheretomountit and howto store sewer hose? Do I close off one end with and cap? DoI use a screw on fitting on the other end How doI mount it under Monty ? Thnksto all.

RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:40 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
RADHAZJOE, I mounted mine up under the front, behind the legs. I used 1/4" allthread bent around the PVC. Cement the screwed cap assembly on. Drill holes under the mounted pipe to keep it dry in there.
Check my Mod's pictures under my Sig. for pictures.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Joe, you can go to any good hardware store and get what they call a two hole metal strap in the electrical department that will fit just right. All you need is a fender washer and self tapping screw in each hole. Works great……
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:03 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RADHAZJOE

Ihave inherited a piece of 4 inch PVC, 8 ft long, Any ideas wheretomountit and howto store sewer hose? Do I close off one end with and cap? DoI use a screw on fitting on the other end How doI mount it under Monty ? Thnksto all.
I did as Ozz did. I mounted two of these pipes under the rig behind the little flimsy one that comes with the rig. I used collars on both ends with the screw-in caps so that I have access from either side of the rig. I attached them with the same type of self-tapping bolts used on the underbelly of the rig, along with fender washers. I drilled two 3/4" holes on one side of the tubes, then small pilot holes through the top side of the tubes into the frame. From there I was able to screw in the self tappers. These have held very well over the last three years and have proven to be very good places to store those hoses. I also throw in a lot of the loose paraphenalia needed at different times. When I need an extra fitting I "fish" it out using my awning hook.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote