Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Customer Service still lives at some stores

I had posted a couple of days ago about the failures of compressors and the last one had happened to be a small 12V DC/120V AC Kobalt compressor from Lowes that DW had given me for Christmas last year. Got to doing some checking and discovered that it had a 12 month manufacturers warranty. I understood that the thing only cost $50 so I emailed Lowes corporate customer support and told them that the warranty would not be of any use if I had to pay shipping. I received a reply from corporate that they had sent the request to our local store and, lo and behold, I just got a voice mail from the manager there who said to bring it in and they would simply replace it. I was surprised at the quick response (two days total) and very happy with the fact that there are businesses out there (even box stores) that will put their customers first when it comes to service. I will say that I am a devoted customer of Lowes (really dislike Home Depot), and obviously will remain one. So now I will have the Porter Cable 6 gallon pancake for the TV and rig, and a smaller, more convenient compressor to take care of the family vehicles and miscellaneous needs around the house. Feels like an early Christmas present!! I did send Corporate a return e-mail giving them accolades!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I just spent a couple hundred at our Lowe’s store today. I’m very satisfied with their service overall. I also just signed up online with the Lowes “mylowes” card which tracks your purchases. It is a convenient reference for finding information as to a previous purchase, e.g. making another purchase on a particular mix of paint. It will show on the card. This isn’t a credit card at all but really seems as though it’s going to be a nice feature.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

I had posted a couple of days ago about the failures of compressors and the last one had happened to be a small 12V DC/120V AC Kobalt compressor from Lowes that DW had given me for Christmas last year. Got to doing some checking and discovered that it had a 12 month manufacturers warranty. I understood that the thing only cost $50 so I emailed Lowes corporate customer support and told them that the warranty would not be of any use if I had to pay shipping. I received a reply from corporate that they had sent the request to our local store and, lo and behold, I just got a voice mail from the manager there who said to bring it in and they would simply replace it. I was surprised at the quick response (two days total) and very happy with the fact that there are businesses out there (even box stores) that will put their customers first when it comes to service. I will say that I am a devoted customer of Lowes (really dislike Home Depot), and obviously will remain one. So now I will have the Porter Cable 6 gallon pancake for the TV and rig, and a smaller, more convenient compressor to take care of the family vehicles and miscellaneous needs around the house. Feels like an early Christmas present!! I did send Corporate a return e-mail giving them accolades!
Bingo
Accolades? I bet they'd rather have a beer,
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
It's that kind of old fashioned service that hooked me on Lowes. I'll drive out of my way to shop there. I've never had a problem with one of their products, but several folks I'm acquainted with have and the response was always immediate replacement. I go there as much to keep a company like that in business as I do for the warrantee.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
I buy most all of my things I can at Lowe's. Did you know if you show your military ID, or anything showing you were once in the military you also get an additional discount at Lowe's? I just use my VA ID card. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Both Lowes AND Home Depot in Colorado Springs give a military discount. I just show my retired ID card.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I have had issues with Home Depot for a while now. Everytime I ask someone there for advice or imput all you get is a blank stare or they read the label to you that you just read yourself. DUH!! Lowes employees are always very helpful and knowledgable!! Glad to hear they stand behind the products they sell too!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #8
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
I love to hear about great customer service as it is rare these days. I too have had very good service with Lowes. I'd like to give another company kudos - Delta Faucet. My 6 year old kitchen faucet froze and would no longer rotate. I thought I would have to buy a new one for $$$. Called Delta and found they have a LIFETIME WARRANTY and they sent me a brand new replacement and had it in 3 days. Now that is service and standing behind your product.
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Here in Texas they will stamp your drivers license with VETERAN, I just show that and you get 10% off your total. Small orders may not be a big deal but when you remodel a kitchen that's some big potatos.......Back when they didn't stamp my drivers lic I used to have to carry around a DD-214 since I didn't have a VA card.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote