Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Seattle Campgrounds?

Despite the fuel prices we are going to complete an item on our bucket list this summer. Once we hit WY, WA, OR, and ID we will have been to every continental state. Will be traveling I-90 to Devils Tower, WY; then Yellowstone, followed with a short stay at St. Regis, MT. Then a week in Lewiston, ID to visit a niece and new grandniece.

Then DW wants to go to Seattle. Any suggestions on a good campground for a week as a base camp to visit Seattle. Wonder how this height challenged person will deal with the ride up the Space Needle.

Thanks in advance for your help.

sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
We spent several days near Seattle in Sept. 2009. We stayed at Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothel. It was clean, close to necesities and an easy drive to Seattle and other places to explore. We would stay there again. I am sure others will have other suggestions. Happy Travels!!
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Seattle is *NOT* RV friendly. Lake Pleasant is the best available option IMHO. We stay there frequently (we just left there Monday) as it most convenient for our visits (downtown and the north side of Seattle). There is a KOA (insert your opinion on KOA parks here) south of Seattle near Renton which I hear is nice and better situated if you are going to south Seattle.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:33 AM   #4
janefromtexas
Established Member

M.O.C. #6975
We stayed at Lake Pleasant a couple of years ago and liked the park. We thought it was a really pretty park. The only negative thing that we experienced was that we didn't have good wifi at the site...had to go to the laundry room.
janefromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
bear
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9827
Dave,

KOA, Renton. we have stayed there several times ,close to south center,Shopping,Shopping Easy in and out, clean. Stay in the east side of park,its a little nicer.
Dave, be sure to have dinner in the Needle, you will enjoy....
Don`t forget Pike St market, great fun

Carl, it is not 7 Feathers, but for a KOA it is better than most.

God bless
David in beautiful Coeur d Alene,Idaho

bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Finally stopped procastinating and made the call to Lake Pleasant. Will be there for 7 days starting 08/25. Thanks for the help. It was between Lake Pleasant and the KOA. I liked the idea of bus tours of Seattle from the KOA Dave and we definitely will dine at the top of the Space Needle. I am not wild about heights, but the DW wants to do the Needle. The price difference was also a consideration. Bucket list completion here we come. Now to plan Oregon.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
Park in Collville is the fairgrounds park Best parks around are in Kettle falls Parks north of Seattle is Tall chief Havent stayed there but it handy for the neast side Dave
Dave Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #8
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
Also in kettle falls......Grandview motel & n RVpark also PanoramaRV (not as nice but is Passport AM.) Dave
Dave Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
We haven't RVed there but we have been around there several times. Pike St is fun. Amongst all the stores in the area there's a seafood market there where the workers "throw the fish" at each other as you order them and they bundle them up and this "exhibition" has been featured in some TV shows (that's how we found out to visit the place). The workers are quite good.

Nearby is the original Starbucks, definitely old, not very pretty, but certainly historical. But who was to know they would be the success they are today?

Never been in the Needle. DW wife is afraid of heights and I didn't feel like going myself in favor of doing things we both could enjoy.

KOAs. I can take them or leave them. They are mostly overpriced and their rules & regulations can be near suffocating, but they are mostly consistent for what I need.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:56 AM   #10
BillE
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2594
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sgtpp214

Finally stopped procastinating and made the call to Lake Pleasant. Will be there for 7 days starting 08/25.
You'll be arriving as we are leaving.

We use Lk Pleasant every year on our simi-yearly pilgrimage to the NW.

It does help us as we use to live only 5-6 mile from them.

Enjoy your stay...

Bill
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
In about 2004, we stayed in a park at St. Regis. We asked where we could drive to maybe see a moose. I can't tell you the route but it was about 10 miles long. If I recall, it was from north of town, then went west. And we did see our very first moose in the wild! And watched it for probably 10 minutes before it moved on.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote