Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #21
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We have had Dish for several years, and when we had the 3400RL we had a King Dome with Dual LNB installed. I have the Dish Network VIP722 here at the stick house. It is a DUO2 receiver. That is it has two tuners and a distribution out. With one line coming in from the King Dome (patched apparently at the Dual LNB) and using the diplexer and splitter supplied by Dish when it was set up, I could watch two different programs, one on the BR tv, and one on the LR tv. I was able to record one channel and watch another. There is some cabling in the Monty that has been address, but it was very doable and easy. I never had a problem with the Dish Network service or reception, other than what is experienced in a house when you can't get the signal. (Think trees and thunderstorms).

I now have the portable Winegard Carryout Automatic antenna. It has two outputs, but I have never tried to utilize the second one for a second receiver. We, DW and I, watch basically the same programs, and if she wants to watch a Food Network program I just get on the computer. We traveled 81 days to the Left (West) Coast and had no problems. We just spent 10 weeks doing the Right Coast with no problems. Yes, some of the niceties of having the dual capabilities is missing but we can live with it.

And, since the VIP722 is a DVR, we record many programs before we travel and if we are in an area that does not have good satellite reception, we watch what we have pre-recorded. I just recently read on-line about the Dish external drive DVR. Also, Dish Slingbox, and Dish Remote Access.

Pick one. You will most likely have or not have as much difficulties with either one. Chose by package and features.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote