Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
Charlotte
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5847
Cingular service in the Valley

I thought that I might warn everyone about our experience with Cingular while parked in a RV park right on the Rio Grande River. We have two cell phones and an air card with Cingular. We had no service on the cell phones most of the time due to their connecting with Mexican towers. With the cell phones we could click off when we saw a Mexican cell name come up. The biggest problem came with our air card which we pay $60 a month for unlimited and no roaming charges. We were not always informed when it was roaming when it did work. Cingular is trying to charge $518 for 5 times it connected with Mexican towers without our knowlege. Needless to say, we are fighting this. We have already contacted the FCC. We have moved to another park for the duration of Leon's contract here. Not sure how this will turn out but thought everyone that comes to the Valley should be aware of this problem.
Charlotte

Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:48 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Charlotte, where exactly were you? We spent two months, Jan and Feb of 2006, at Bentsen Palm Village at Mission, TX, in the RGV. We were about half a mile from the Rio Grande. We had excellent phone service there and throughout the Valley. Would you mind pinpointing the park for us so others might check before staying there? Thanks. We had no extraneous charges, either. I wish you luck getting that bill straightened up. I'd be "concerned" too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
Charlotte
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5847
Hi!
We were at Chimney Park. It is by Pepe's on the River. We received an e-mail from Cingular saying the matter was resolved and the charge has disappeared. Don't know if it had anything to do with us contacting the FCC. I would say you were lucky. When I went into the Mission Cingular office to complain, he said, "Let me guess, I bet you live in Bentson Palms RV Park." So, evidently they had some complaints from there. He said they were aware of the problem and hopefully it would be resolved by this fall. I would watch any cell phone service if I were near the river. I wonder if the Mexican cell services were doing this on purpose. Two of the charges were in Aqua Prietaftra, MX and 2 were in Chihuahua, MX. We are in Mission Gardens now and have no problems.
Charlotte
Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We also spent a month in Feb 2006 at Bentsen Palm in Mission Tx. and also use Cingular cell service. An all our charges were normal. We also had the Cingular Air Card. An was there again in Nov. 2006 until Jan 1 2007. This time we were at Green Gate Grove next door to Bentsen Palm in mission Tx. and again had no problem with Cingular. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote