Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2015, 04:12 AM   #21
FordMan1966
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15933
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dfb

Oh, likes and dislikes. The 3610 and 3611 are exactly the same except the fridge. We love ours.. Hate the thetford toilet, it don't hold water. Hate the bathroom sink. The medicine cabinet sticks out. So when washing your face the water goes on the cabinet,not in the sink.waterheater don't work on electric. Front cap paint has paint that chips easily. Screen door pops ever time you open the door. Love the hydraulic leveling system. Heater and ac works very well. Bathroom floor has heating. Fireplace is cool. Looks real..
Our Thetford toilet in the 3611RL did not hold water either and had issues with Thetford getting it replaced. Went to Camping World and bought a Dometic with porceline bowl. No problems now. Thetford finally sent me a new one and I could not even sell it in a garage sale.

FordMan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:57 AM   #22
OldRetiredMSGT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8879
We just purchased a 3610 and had it home for two days. Needed a lot of work and getting the runaround from Camping World and MFG. Had a crack in the shower floor(who checks the shower floor when buying a trailer,the sliding doors work just fine ) We are going to try and pull this thing with a 2013 F250 Diesel w/air bags. Could not afford a new truck and trailer at the same time on Social Security. Our question is: With Washer and Dryer in front bedroom closet, what does that do to the clothes still hanging??? That is besides taking up half the closet and doors opening the wrong way. Hope to have this thing home in a few days and figure out what else can go wrong. We traded in a 2004 Montana 2950 RK that we really loved. The quality of this new one has really gone down hill and prices gone up.
OldRetiredMSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #23
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
MSGT I would think that your F250 would probably have the GCWR to handle your trailer and plenty of power. My old 2000 SD and our 3160 RL LE weighed in around 21500 GCWR. I can't remember the estimated pin weight. I did not unhook and weigh the truck solo and I have not looked at my old notes.
As for quality I think most all of the RV industry needs better QC and better inspectors. My shower has a big ding in the bottom where whoever installed the shower doors dropped one and did not bother to care about sending out a unit with a problem that they caused.

Tom Marty
Old 06-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #24
levi
Established Member

M.O.C. #14689
We pull a 3100rl with a RAM 2500HD with a 6.4L gasoline engine. I know that I have a load behind me, but I have no trouble pulling hills, or entering the interstate on uphill ramps. I don,t currently have airbags installed, but I did notice more 'squat' than with my former unit, a 2011 2955RL.
levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:35 AM   #25
lunalonestar
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11717
We just looked at a 3611RL on the lot and were really disappointed on a few "design flaws" for lack of a better term. We noticed the bench in the shower was on the same side as the faucets. When we sat on the bench, the faucets were digging into our back. Couldn't even turn around to turn on the water. Why didn't they locate the bench on the other side of the shower facing the faucets? Second thing we noticed was the placement of the washing machine. With it in the same closet as the clothes, if there are clothes hanging in the closet, how do you access the washing machine? Those were deal killers for us.
lunalonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:48 AM   #26
wm5e
Established Member

M.O.C. #15875
Wow, they just must have messed up that shower. We have a 3611RL and the bench is on the opposite end of the long shower from the faucets. That was a key feature my wife wanted, was a seat in the shower. You may want to look at another one. As for the washer, I can't help with that as we don't use a washer/dryer in the RV.
wm5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:01 PM   #27
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lunalonestar

We just looked at a 3611RL on the lot and were really disappointed on a few "design flaws" for lack of a better term. We noticed the bench in the shower was on the same side as the faucets. When we sat on the bench, the faucets were digging into our back. Couldn't even turn around to turn on the water. Why didn't they locate the bench on the other side of the shower facing the faucets? Second thing we noticed was the placement of the washing machine. With it in the same closet as the clothes, if there are clothes hanging in the closet, how do you access the washing machine? Those were deal killers for us.
Yep, I think ALL of us that have the early 3610/33611 design with the large pantry/washer & dryer set up in the kitchen would agree. And our early 3610 has the taps on the opposite side to the shower seat.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:44 AM   #28
lunalonestar
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11717
That's what I love about this forum. You guys ROCK! Glad to know the shower we looked at may have been installed improperly. DW just went to the slick Montana brochure and sure enough, discovered you're all correct. How this one unit got through their inspection (that's another story) I don't know.
We will look at another one. Thank you so much!

lunalonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:36 AM   #29
Lkelly3400
Established Member

M.O.C. #15745
We also have an early 2015 3610. We pull with a 2005 Chevy 2500HD 6.6L Duramax. No problem towing, handling or stopping. One consideration with the washer/dryer in the closet is this will increase you pin weight, which is pretty close as it is. I would also think it would be pretty inconvenient in the closet.
Lkelly3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:48 AM   #30
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
" Inspection" ??????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #31
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
We also recently purchased an early production model 3611rl Our shower seat is also on the same end as the faucets. I also thought that was kinda dumb. with the w/d hookup in the nose closet we talked ourselves out of the w/d that my wife had wanted so badly for a few years now. But that setup was just not workable. But we love everything else so far.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #32
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
You may see more of the seat in the shower on the end where the faucets are. That was one comment brought up at both the factory tour and the comment session with Keystone at the Fall Rally this year. The reason being, if you are either tall or a large person there is no room in the shower to turn around in need be with the seat in the opposite end of the shower enclosure from the faucet. Yes the handles for the shower are right there BUT those can be turned on and set, then turn off the spray head and take it down to use when seated. You actually cannot take the shower head down and sit down on the seat when the seat is opposite the shower head. I still think they need to go back to the regular shower and eliminate the "so called" shower tub.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote