Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2015, 05:49 PM   #21
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
You folks need to come to the Fall Rally to see just what it takes to change over from creating one model and to another. Granted in many of the models everything is the same BUT it does take a few weeks to get everything in order to do the changes. We have a 2013 model BUT it actually has all of the goodies the 2014 models had when they came out. Nice is not the word for it when you see one thing and then get another. The dealer we went through had two 2013 models on the lot. One was made in early 2013 and the other came off the line just before the change over to the 2014 models. Quite a bit of difference and we chose the 2013 model that had the updates of course and are happy with it. It has had a few problems but none that we haven't been able to live with or solve, which the case of any unit no matter who the manufacturer is. Enjoy that new unit and think about coming to Nebraska and joining us at the Central Plains Regional Rally coming up this summer to give the new rig a good tour of the US and meet some of the MOC members posting here and on the Facebook Montana Owners page too!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:41 AM   #22
MHC305RL
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #15946
There are actually a few of the new changes that the DW cant stand. One for instance is they moved the bathroom linen closet from beside the bathroom sink where you could get to towels, etc easily, to behind the toilet! Now you would have to sit or lean over the toilet to get to things in the closet. With how deep it it, it will be a PITA. We have no idea why they chose to make that change. Or getting rid of the pantry in the kitchen and just having a hutch. That's less storage space and nowhere to hang a broom. She really wanted to find a 2015 model at a dealer instead of ordering the one we did.

The things I like are the changes from 5200lb axles to 6000lb with 8 lug wheels. They also went from 100" wide body back to 96". I don't understand that one either. And the front closet has the washer and dryer set up to open toward the center of the closet instead of toward the bedroom. So now you would have to slide hanging clothes side to side depending on which one you were using. Just silly.

Oh well, we still are VERY excited about getting it!!
MHC305RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:13 AM   #23
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MHC305RL

There are actually a few of the new changes that the DW cant stand. One for instance is they moved the bathroom linen closet from beside the bathroom sink where you could get to towels, etc easily, to behind the toilet! Now you would have to sit or lean over the toilet to get to things in the closet. With how deep it it, it will be a PITA. We have no idea why they chose to make that change. Or getting rid of the pantry in the kitchen and just having a hutch. That's less storage space and nowhere to hang a broom. She really wanted to find a 2015 model at a dealer instead of ordering the one we did.

The things I like are the changes from 5200lb axles to 6000lb with 8 lug wheels. They also went from 100" wide body back to 96". I don't understand that one either. And the front closet has the washer and dryer set up to open toward the center of the closet instead of toward the bedroom. So now you would have to slide hanging clothes side to side depending on which one you were using. Just silly.

Oh well, we still are VERY excited about getting it!!
Those changes you talk about, linen closet to toilet area and washer/dryer pantry gone from kitchen are changes we have to accept I guess???

We just spent a lot of time with friends in the "new" 3610 floor plan at the show and totally agree with the inconveniences these changes will cause. That linen closet is so deep things will get buried at the back. Your DW will be sitting on the toilet a lot to access so always remember to put the lid DOWN!!!

We spent time envisioning how we would move while doing laundry with our combo unit. Having to push aside clothes to access washer is bad enough but realize the inconvenience will be doubled if one has a split laundry pair. HMMMMM! I'd be looking for a 2015, JMHO.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:33 AM   #24
MHC305RL
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #15946
We studied the 2015 model quite a bit. I think I know why they made a change to the way the washer/dryer fit in it. On the 2015 model, there are 2 large sliding closet doors and the side to side units sit next to each other facing toward the bedroom. Seems fine. But, you cant get to both at the same time. You would have to open the right door, unload clothes from the washer into a laundry basket, close that sliding door, open the other one, then put the clothes into the dryer. I can see how that is not convenient. The problem is, they fix one problem and created another. We were wanting to buy separate units, but I think we will just get a combo and possibly put it in the floor facing the bedroom instead of on the pedestal. That way, short clothes on the clothes rod can fit above the combo unit. It will leave a dead space in the corner on the right, but hey, I didn't design it. I would MUCH rather have a stackable unit all the way on one side of the closet with all the clothes on the other side of it.
MHC305RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:10 PM   #25
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
As far as floor plans, we are so glad we have a obsolete 2014 3150RL. The bath is in the bedroom, not in a small room where everything is enclosed.

The toilet is in a separate room which makes the area usable for 2 folks at the same time....

In looking at the new floor plans, there is not a single Montana I would buy today.

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:30 PM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Keystone will make changes right on the assembly line so you may never know exactly what you will get. we always got more than we expected.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #27
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Keystone will make changes right on the assembly line so you may never know exactly what you will get. we always got more than we expected.
Yea, like my awning in the wrong place. Different from the internet or brochure.

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:16 AM   #28
Golferdave
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12573
Send a message via MSN to Golferdave
We factory ordered our 3800RE second week in June 2012 and received it third week in August 2012. We live in Devon, Alberta, Canada. We thought that was an excellent time frame. Golferdave.
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote