Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
Happy Campers!!

No, I'm not trying to start something. I just wanted to say we are happy with our Montana. As with any product, we've had issues, but all were taken care of.
We went to shows for seven years before we purchased Hannah, nothing ever popped our cork. Then, there she was setting in the corner. Looking all pretty and all. Shined up and no place to go until the show was over. Our eyes met hers and we knew we were meant for each other. Over the years, we saw many an rv, but none could hold a candle to Hannah(actually her sister, we ordered at the show ).
Seriously though, for us it wasn't the most bang for the buck or top of the line. It was what we liked and it just happened to be affordable to us. How much better could it get? We started with just above entry level and went right to a lot of bells and whistles. She's now eighteen months old and growing on us with each passing outing. May each and every one of our fellow MOC members enjoy their rv's as much as we do ours. Also, please ponder this; Perfection would be awfully boring wouldn't it?
Actually, on second thought, I am trying to start something. Lets hear from the rest of you that are happy with what you camp or live in now. Use this thread to spread the good stories!

bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I've owned 3 Montanas ... 2850RK / 2980RL / 3150RL. All had what I'd call a medium issue or two, Keystone always took care of me in and out of warranty. If the gals didn't give me something to work on once in a while, I'd start to think I wasn't a worthy owner!
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
h2ojocky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13025
We are happy campers also. Our 2955RL is the first trailer we have owned. Most people start with a lower end unit, but I read on this forum about how happy people are with the Montana, that I had to have one. Only rented before. We chose it due to the floor plan, only slides on one side. We wanted to camp at state and federal campgrounds and thought it would be easier to find a site that we could fit into.
h2ojocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We have been truly blessed not only to have had Montana's with no major problems, but to have the means to make our selection based on our needs and likes. The only issues we have had over the years is a failed hydraulic pump and motor that was of our own doing (do not close slides with a flip flop beneath it!) a couple of flat tires (one our fault for driving over a steel edge to a camping site, and a faultily wired water heater (that one was Montana's fault!) that was fixed under warranty. So, that is one issue over the last seven years, a pretty good track record in my book. If I had as good a history with our family vehicles, I would be ecstatic! While we only occupy ours for about six-seven weeks and a few weekends each year, we could not be happier with our selection of the previous, the current, and the newly ordered (dang, the waiting is getting old!) rig. At your suggestion, I will willingly use this opportunity to spread a good word that is not a story!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
jmi
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10907
We're not full time or anything, but 8k miles on our 2010 delivered in 11 and life is good. I did spend about 1/2 time in the rig on a seasonal site this summer and it has been great. Attribute much of our success to the preventative maintenance shared by MOC members sharing knowledge. Between the tires, now have g614s, and the u-bolts being loose we've done well fixing things before they became problems.

Have looked at some new rigs but Keystones attitude is making me nervous. I just can't imagine how frustrating it must be to be victimized wih some lemons they ship. I've noticed obvious flaws on new rigs. I think were keeping ours for the foreseeable future.
jmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
We have our second. We've had some small issues but all were handled quickly and professionally . We truly are happy campers. We think one of the best things about them is the MOC. I said that our last one would be our last, well .... Then I saw the 3900 FB Big Sky and am now in an affair with Monaca , as DW has named my "mistress". Wow! To have two such beautiful ladies to share my fun with!
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Ours is our first, and only so far. Looked and looked and looked. And kept coming back to the Montana. Great choice. Very very few problems in 6+ yrs, 178 nights, and 19,000 miles. And even our graphics still look good.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
This is our 1st Montana, but 4th RV. We have been blessed with very, very few problems and many, many happy times. We don't plan to buy another RV anytime soon, but I already know when we do it will be a Montana. And I love that you named yours Hannah. Ours is Ellie Mae!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #9
tweber502
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13660
This is our first Montana, 2nd 5er & 6th rv and Dea and I couldn't be happier. We decided to purchase a gently used 3400RL for our first Montana and haven't regretted it in the least! Aside from some brake problems (Dexter stepped up to the plate on this) and the replacement of the black tank flush backflow valve, there have been no major problems. My only regret is that I didn't purchase it earlier in the year. Have only had her for 3 months and sadly am going to have to put her to bed for the winter. We had never really looked at the Montana's prior to now but are definitely hooked on them! Also as said before, one of the best things about owning a Montana is the MOC forum and all of the wonderful members! Truly feels like an extended family!! Tim
tweber502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #10
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
This is our second Monty. We had some problems with our first rig but all was taken care of. We like the build quality (in general) and the floor plans available. Seems there is something for just about everyone. We have had a couple of issues with our new rig but so far it has had minimal effect on our using and enjoying the rig.

As soon as our health issues are resolved we will be hitting the road once again. Hope to see many of our MOC friends out on the road! Keep on enjoying! Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:53 AM   #11
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

We’re on our second Montana and seventh RV and really like everything about it overall. We haven’t had any major issues other than a chronic water leak on our first one and the biggest event we’ve had with this one is that a shear pin broke on the landing gear. Of course we’ve fought the ever popular peeling graphics problem with both. Considering what they go through I feel it’s held up well.

They do need to be looked after though, proper maintenance is a must and IMHO will prevent many future problems. Fortunately with the MOC forum we can all profit by the heads up on many items that may show up on occasions. When they are brought to the attention of everyone one here then we can all be aware and we will know just what to look out for. As a matter of fact, how could we make it without this forum?

Old 10-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #12
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
On our third here, 2955/3400 and now 3455. Each have had their minor problems but all have been solved to our satisfaction. As said before, the value of learning about the preventative maintenance and minor issues found on this forum has probably saved us some frustration for sure. Very happy campers here!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:57 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This is our 7th camper and second Montana. Our first Montana was the 2006 3400. This forum and its affordability greatly influenced our purchase. We had the 2006 3400 for 7 years and as long timers put over 60K miles on it. Our two most major problems were a melt down due to improperly routed electrical lines frame flex and the U bolt failure. All other issues were more or less minor and fixable by ourselves. We travelled 36 States in the 2006 and it served us well. Our second Montana is the 2013 3402 Big Sky now 17 months old .Our most major issue is the struts pulling out of the compartment doors and most recently a failed 50 amp power cord. The 2013 has run about 4,000 miles. We upgrade our Campers according to our individual personal and travel needs.Keystone customer service has been right there when we needed them for any issue no matter how large or small. The wealth of information on this forum has been of great value and have met many great people and have many new friends.

That this is our 2nd Montana indicates our confidence in the brand and the company. We are satisfied Montana owners and happy campers.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:14 AM   #14
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
We have been camping for longer than I really want to think about. Owned about every type of camper there is. The wife wanted to go back to a 5th wheel from our diesel pusher. We looked at everything. Every brand we could.

We wanted a short trailer, with a open bath. The 3150RL and a Excel 33 RSO were on the short list. We did the cost vs value and decided the Montana would be the better choice for us.

We have friends that spent twice what we did on a DRV and our issues are nothing in comparison to theirs. More money spent does not mean you get a better product. (remember the '81 8-6-4 Cadillac)

So, bottom line, the Montana is a good choice for those wanting something of better quality over a entry level and feature vs feature is a better value over some costing almost twice as much.

The wife really likes it and you all know the story that if the wife is not happy.....

Leaving for Texas Friday with the 3150RL for 4 months.

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
This is our 5th camper and the last 3 have been Montana's (2980RL, 3100RL, 3725RL). We have loved every one of our Montana's and after the first one we said we would never own anything else. Our current (and Last One! Ha, Ha) model is the 3725RL which has everything we could wish for. Great living area balance, lots of storage, washer/dryer access and spacious. We are full-timers and this unit really makes us feel at home. We have traveled across this beautiful country but still have many more places and friends to see and visit. Of course we have had a few minor issues but over all we are Extremely Happy Campers!!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
This is our fourth camper and even though there were some initial issues, Keystone stepped up and we love our rig.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Our new 3725RL is our second Montana, the first was a Montana Mountaineer 324RLQ. We like both coaches and have had only small issues with each rig. Northgate RV and Lazydays RV along with Keystone have worked with us to resolve these issues. When first deciding to upgrade from a tent to a fifth wheel we found the MOC and after reading months of posts and doing brand comparisons along with reading several forums it was a no brainer decision. What a nice way to see our country and meet and get to know wonderful folks. When I first glanced at the Post Title the thought came to me...Happy Camper, we just bought some..., then I reread Happy Campers, and then thought we are Happy Campers with a small bucket of Happy Camper.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote