Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Booth versus table and chairs

Sometimes I think that maybe I'd rather have a booth. The table that comes with the table and chairs has such a big pedestul. Maybe a table that has a smaller stand or would be hooked to the wall would make it easier to sit, instead of that big pedestul that comes with the oak table that came with the Montana. Also it would be nice to be able to make a bed for a child to sleep over. I know when we go to restaurants we always ask for a booth if available instead of sitting at a table with chairs. Just wondering if anybody has the same thoughts and has changed over to a booth.

Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Ronnelly, there was a very extensive post on this subject last year. I think it was even titled the same way. Seems like maybe there was an option when ordering, or maybe some have replaced the table and chairs with a booth, CRS has struck again, lol. I actually prefer the table and chairs, even when eating out.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Having had both I can say I prefer the table and chairs mainly because I can use the chairs as needed anywhere I need them. But then I do not plan on travelling with children. We cured that problem by giving our kids our old motorhome. The way price of gas went up there was not much chance of selling it.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
We like the table and chairs, also. Seems more homey, plus we use one of the four chairs at the computer table.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #5
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We have had both and much prefer the table and chairs.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
The table and chairs give a more "open" feeling. We took two chairs out because it's just the two of us and I have a third chair at the desk.
But ---- you can't beat a booth for storage. In our first Montana, we had the booth put in. Couldn't get to the windows but I did have storage. With the next Montana (motor home inbetween) we had a pedestal table that we kept hitting out legs on. Then back to a motor home with one of those tables that came from the wall. They aren't very sturdy after a while.
Here we are back with our 3rd Montana. This table has a different style pedestal. We don't hit our knees and legs. But every once in a while I miss my booths.
I'll keep this table, the chairs have storage and I can open my windows.

Carol

Sleeping bags for the kids. Or a tent.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
We have had five previous Fifth wheels with booths and are Montana is our first table and chairs. In our opinion the table and chairs are superior in every way........... comfort, convenience, and the storage in Montana chairs is an added bonus.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The 3400 has the table and chairs all of our other campers had the booth. Now having had both it is a " dont care" issue.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:52 PM   #9
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Here we are back with our 3rd Montana. This table has a different style pedestal. We don't hit our knees and legs. But every once in a while I miss my booths.
I'll keep this table, the chairs have storage and I can open my windows.

Carol

Did your table with a different pedestal come with the Montana, or did you special order it? I do like the chairs with all that storage. Just don't like the table that has such a big pedestal. Seems like the pedestal is to big for the table. Just my opinion.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #10
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
I prefer the booth for the extra storage for beer and soft drinks. We have the table and chairs in our Mountaineer and last weekend we were missing the extra bed also. My wife likes the table and chairs.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We have had a booth, then a table and chairs with no storage, and now a table and chairs with storage. We love our storage chairs and prefer the table/chairs over the booth. We do not have any children or grandchildren that would fit on the booth anyway. My youngest grandchild is 13 1/2 and is 6' tall!
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:56 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Nelly, we have seen people with different tables in their rigs that don't have the large pedestal. You might want to shop around at some of the RV suppliers. Or you can replace it with any small oak table that would fit in your space. We have the same unit as you folks and about a year ago moved our table to the rear of the coach. We really like this setup as we're able to access the chairs and table much easier and the pedestal doesn't seem to be in the way so much. We had to remove at least one chair in order to accomplish this. But it's a great setup for us, especially if we have a great view out the back window.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We do like the storage in the chairs. Wish we coud somehow get rid of the table and replace it with something with a smaller pedestal. Wonder if the large, heavy pedestal has something to do with keeping the table from moving around when traveling?? One of these days we will replace the table.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #14
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
We like the mobilty of the chairs and the fact that the table and chairs limits or occupancy to 4, the wife doesnt care but for me thats still 2 too many.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #15
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
Our previous TT had a booth. I like the table in our 3295RK much better. I can also use one of the chairs at my desk and like someone else said, I won't furnish housing for more than 2 grandkids at a time. So I really don't miss the bed suited for a midget one bit.
Dave Nowlin
Dave Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:48 AM   #16
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
This is our first 5th wheel & we bought ours off the lot. It had the table & chairs, which I liked but Dan really wanted a booth. We ALMOST ordered one, but then decided to go ahead & take it because it was a show model when they were new and for the price, had the majority of extras, sooooo I still like the table & chairs and Dan still prefers a booth. Oh well, life goes on...
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #17
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Nelly, we have seen people with different tables in their rigs that don't have the large pedestal. You might want to shop around at some of the RV suppliers. Or you can replace it with any small oak table that would fit in your space. We have the same unit as you folks and about a year ago moved our table to the rear of the coach. We really like this setup as we're able to access the chairs and table much easier and the pedestal doesn't seem to be in the way so much. We had to remove at least one chair in order to accomplish this. But it's a great setup for us, especially if we have a great view out the back window.
Welcome to one 3380Rl to another. I think we are the only ones on the Montana Owners Forum with the 3380RL. We love our setup with the big center island. Good idea to move the table and chairs under the back window. Where did you put your recliners? Was there enough room to put them next to the couch?
Our setup right now is the 2 recliners with lamp table between the recliners, and table and chairs in the slide out, and the hide-abed along the back window.
We had them reverse the recliners and hide-abed, before we took delivery of the Montana. Wanted to look at TV straight on instead of sitting in our recliners looking sideways.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #18
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
We love the table and chairs in our Big Sky and had table and chairs in our 2000 Montana. The differrence is the space now under the chairs. I have just removed two chairs from the area, and like it much better. They are in the closet of our double wide. We never have much more than the two of us, and like the extra room at the table.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #19
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Nelly, we took both of our recliners out and replaced them with a reclining loveseat (two recliners). The rest of the DR slideout has a wooden/padded glider and matching footstool and a large wicker cube that I use for storage. Greta uses it as a lookout perch. We have more storage with this setup and aren't nearly so closely packed with furniture. Glen has a small shelf on the wall by his end of the loveseat for TV remotes, drink glasses, etc. I have a very small side table at my end (forward end) of the loveseat. The loveseat is overstuffed and makes for a cozy place for the 'family' (Glen, Greta, and I) to sit together. We all have our spot and never shall one of us sit elsewhere or Greta is befuddled.

By the way, regarding the size of the pedestal, the table is secured with 2 or 4 very long screws so the size is unnecessary. It leaves very little room for legs and makes it hard to get into, especially to the seats along the wall. We have much more room around the table when it's by the rear window.

Nelly, there was one other person with a 2005 3380 RL but I think they traded it in. We love the layout.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #20
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
As for us, we took out the Table & Chairs after having them for only one trip and replaced with the Booth. Much prefered the Booth that we had in previous Trailers for the storage they provide, and the fact that we can stretch out a little while dinning. No regrets.

Happy camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote