Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Looking to purchase SOON!

We just sold our 33'Winnebago voyage and are planning to purchase a 3400RL Montana soon. Early to mid-july. We live in Mt. Shasta CA and are willing to travel to get Montana at a good price. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go. We have looked in Reno, Redding, Medford but are open to ideas. We were told that 25-30% off MSRP is standard but so far the closest we are getting is 18-20%. Looking forward to our new venture(full-time/workamping) for as long as our health allows. Thanks for your help.

dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
You might try Blaine Jensen RV in Kaysville UT They have a lot of Montana's and Big Sky's on their lot now. go to www.blainejensenrv.com and check them out.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Call Leisure Time rv, Okla City, Ok, you can get 33% off . Great company, great people, and as you can See I am a happy owner and a happy customer of them.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
Another place is Lakeshore Rv in Muskegon Mi.Ask for Montana Bob. They have Montanas on ebay or on their web site. http://www.lakeshore-rv.com/ E-mail them, they will call you back.Ask all the question's you have and no pressure sales. We are picking up our Montana Mountaineer on June 6th.

Bill
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I think 20% is more "standard." You can get more from some dealers if you are willing to haggle. Also, keep in mind the 2008's are about to hit the lots so if you get a 2007 you should get another 5% or so off.

As for dealers, we have bought two Montanas from Naylor RV's in Kansas City, MO.

Otherwise, I'd recommend you do an internet search for Montana dealers. Then email each telling them exactly what options you want, colors, etc. And ask for their best shot.

Good luck. I think Montana is the best bang for the buck. That's why we're on our third Montana. I hope you get years of enjoyment from yours and the process of finding just the right deal isn't too long.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #6
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
After you settle on exactly what you want. Give Naylors RV in Kansas City a call, there have been many members who have travels great distances for their prices. and a phone call is really cheap, if it can save you several thousand. Ask for Barry Lawson or Keith FRaiser and tell them John Hogan told you to call.
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #7
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
I can "second" 1happycamper's post.... Lakeshore is great! I worked with John Sobczk over the winter and ended up about 32% off MSRP, without discussion - just asked for bottom-line price. I am also picking my 3400 up on June 6th! :-)
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hemlockusa

After you settle on exactly what you want. Give Naylors RV in Kansas City a call, there have been many members who have travels great distances for their prices. and a phone call is really cheap, if it can save you several thousand. Ask for Barry Lawson or Keith FRaiser and tell them John Hogan told you to call.
Hey, John, you gonna split that referral bonus with me???

DandT, one of our members, Searchers, also lives in Mt. Shasta. I think he's out at Lake Siskiyou at the rally right now or will be soon. You might email him to find out what dealer he uses or recommends. If you click on the Members link in the right had corner of this page, then type in Searchers in the search box and hit Go, it'll bring up his name. Click his name to go to his profile. There will be a link to email him. He's a very nice guy and I'm sure he'd be glad to help.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #9
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
We went out to the Rally yesterday and had a great visit with Don and everyone else out there. The weather is perfect by the way and everyone seems to be having a great time. got a lot of suggestions and help. Just need to get a dealer to agree on a price and of course get the TV too. Looking forward to many chats with the MOC group and lots of travels.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #10
gj4040
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7002
Try Tiararv.com on the internet. They are 11 miles from the Montana plant and know most of the plant personnel. If you are willing to drive to Elkhart, Indiana to get the absolutely lowest price. About 95% of their sales are through the internet to long distance buyers and they deal in volume. Tell them where you are willing to drive from and they will give you a no hassle price. Also do not forget to ask them about any current incentives on any models currently on their lot. You need not mention my name as it would do you no good anyway. I was only there for 24 hours but they treated me very good and addressed all of my concerns.
gj4040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #11
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I dealt with these people and they did me well. I searched the area around here and by far did me the best deal. http://www.rvstation.net/
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote