Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Say it won't happen ............

It was just on the news that gas/fuel will go to $4.00 a gallon by summer. There is a shortage in this country. I hope not.
Will that effect anyone's plans?

We are getting ready for a 5 week trip starting with the NE rally. I cringe at the thought of paying $4.00 a gallon for diesel. We were just in Virginia and PA and our fuel budget went to heck. So much difference from station to station. You don't know if you should stop or look around.

Carol

Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
http://money.cnn.com/data/commodities/

keep track of oil prices here..it will give you a heads up on where fuel prices are going.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:49 AM   #3
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Most of our trips are local trips. The longest/furthest will be to the NE rally at the end of the month. I haven't heard the news about $4/gal. I have found a place in the area the I am paying $2.69.9/gal for diesel. Sounds like I should keep the tank as full as possible.

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:58 AM   #4
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
It's over $3.00 here in town. But we go to the reservation and it's a little cheaper. We were shocked to see it went up 20 cents the short time we were gone.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
We are not going to change our plans. Going to the Branson Rally, North East Rally then to Las Vegas. Guess I will just have to use some of our food money for diesel. That way we can travel and loose a few pounds also.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:53 AM   #6
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mudchief

We are not going to change our plans. Going to the Branson Rally, North East Rally then to Las Vegas. Guess I will just have to use some of our food money for diesel. That way we can travel and loose a few pounds also.
Too funny, that's what I call a GOOD attitude. We could use that plan, also. Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:00 AM   #7
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
I filled up yesterday and got a little bit of solace from the fact that the price of diesel was the same as 87 octane gas for the first time in a very long time. It was still expensive though at $2.87
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:09 AM   #8
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Well ---- using Mudchief's theory ---- I have 20 pounds to lose. Hmmm now that's 5+ gallons of diesel. Gotta keep a sense of humor. Nothing we can do about it.
Chuck will have to buy cheaper beer .
Old 05-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
If I recall, and I do, they were saying the same thing last spring. I [s]can't[/s] NO I won't let it worry me. I want to go to Branson, Nashville, The NE rally, New York and than out to Oregon by mid-July. After Oregon we plan on casually working our way back to Goshen for the fall MOC rally. Than we will once again casually work our way back to Florida. That's our plan and we're sticking to it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #10
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Just like Glenn, this will not change our plans much. We just drive less and stay longer.

Here in Lake Havasu City, diesel is ~$2.87. We are leaving Friday for California....heard it's bad there, so we'll just stay in one place longer.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #11
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
If you computer access, you can keep up with gas and diesel prices at www.gasbuddy.com. I'm planning a trip and will use it to find the lowest prices in the area I will be camping.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #12
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
diesel in the ft myers area of fl is 2.99 so i hope it gets cheeper as we go north
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #13
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
I paid $2.67.9 at wally world in chattanooga tn., and heading to Nashville tn thursday, I seen its about the same price there, but last yr at this time I was paying 2.89 to 2.99 in NC. But as a fulltimer, the way i have to look at it is, I have no stick house to keep up, no taxes, no big insurance on a stick house, no sewer and water bill, an no electric bill, unless I am camping monthly and its not very much, so I think we fulltimers are pretty darn lucky! An no price of diesel wont slow me down as yet, if I have to I will work camp and save on camping fees. Always a way out! lol
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #14
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
I don't like to see the prices where they are...although right now, diesel is cheaper than regular. However, I really don't care how high they go, if we have plans to head out...we are going.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #15
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
We're gonna go adn do, not going to let the price of fuel stop us!!! NO NO NO!!!
$3.00 per her in little ol' Allyn by the Sea.
goes up every two days or so.
Typical government oh wells
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #16
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
I went to the station I use most of the time today, hoping diesel was still $2.79.9 but, it went up to $2.84.9. Since most other places are pushing $3.00...I'm not complaining. Plus, I really saved big time on an oil change today!! I went into Murrays auto parts to get oil and filter, and it would have cost me about $65.00. My mechanic said if I brought the stuff, he would do it for $15.00. The dealership wanted $75.00. Well hell, by the time it's all done, it's gonna cost me that anyway. So, I stopped at a Valvoline Instant Oil Change place, and I got the oil change and filter for $43.73!! I'm a very happy camper. That wouldn't even cover the cost of the supplies if I bought it at Murrays. Life is good...

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #17
mustang92
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6132
A few weeks ago we were traveling from Bakersfield, Ca to Laughlin,Nv. It's about 270 miles with hardly any place to buy diesel. I was running on fumes when I got to Needles,Az and stopped at the first place that had diesel. Paid $3.79 a gallon. Obviously a place taking advantage of people. I should have just got enough to get me to Laughlin, where it was about a dollar cheaper!
mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #18
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Just remember that some of us were teenagers when the last refinery was built in this country in 1976. Thanks to our GREEN leaning public these refineries are needing so much maintenance that they are off-line as much as they're on-line. Couple this with no off-shore drilling IN OUR WATERS or drilling in Alaska again thanks to the tree huggers we're certainly going to feel a massive bite at the pump this Summer.

My first summer in Texas was in 1994 and the price of oil was falling to less than the cost of the barrel it was stored in and yet nobody tried to help these guys. Now that oil is high - and the price is set by OPEC and the Chicago Mercantile Trade, not the oil producers - they're getting screwed by threatened profit taxes. What if Gold miners were this scrutinized? Thanks liberals, now there's no incentive to explore meaning prices continue to climb.

Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #19
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well we aren't the only two that believes that, thank you. I have been saying this for the last few years. We are heading into terrible times, and it will happen very soon if the liberals continue. The middle east is going to explode when we cut the funds to our military. When the Oil is cut off. We are in trouble. And I think it will be $4.00 plus a gallon by the end of this year if not before. You better write you congress person now. We did yesterday. No one is doing anything to stop this, we were on I-40 today and there are hundreds of Trucks and trailers, we are paying for their extra fuel cost every time you go shopping in higher prices. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #20
BigAl52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4977
Being politically correct and this global warming crap will kill this country. The EPA has gone to far with what they are doing to our engines with the clean air junk. I have nothing against cleaning up the air but they have now gone so far that these newer engines are not fuel efficent. I also agree that if we let go of the middle east we are asking for trouble. That idiot the runs Iran is just waiting for us to leave. Oh and maybe the liberals should check out the comments from that zero that is running Venzuala we get some oil from them to. Al
BigAl52 is offline   Reply With Quote