Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #21
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Send a message via MSN to Ramblin Roadrunners
I talked to Mark and Aaron at Keystone Thursday and they told me the proto type in Florida weighed about 13900lbs according to their engineers. I think that is a low #. A RW weighs about 14100 with a gvwr of 16500. That is duelly pulling area.
Jay D

Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:38 AM   #22
gkidsdlite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12956
After reading these posts my question to all of you that have been to the factory tours is can you give specifics about what processes you are talking about and describe the differences, welds, materials used, etc., and what you think they should change or do differently? Just trying to get educated and asking for your guidance, Thanks for your input!
gkidsdlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:20 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You are right Ron Quality is a process that is implemented into the culture of the organization. We went to UCLA to learn that process and develop a program to improve organizational efficiency. What I noted at the factory was those red stickers at every phase of the construction of the RV. That is catching the fault before it went to the next work station which is part of the all over process. It takes a change in the way the organization does business and a initial investment in workforce training for true quality control. Quality does have to be built into the manufacturing process. Just my opinion The US RV industry will not do it unless forced to do so by outside competition.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #24
Sue and Verle

M.O.C. #14211
Well, darn, that's disappointing news. I've been so impressed with things I've seen in the new videos regarding Big Sky Montana for 2014. Ours is a 2008 3400 and there have been a lot of changes and we're thinking of upgrading, but $30,000 extra??? May have to rethink this.

Am I understanding from the people saying there is a window seat in the bedroom INSTEAD of a DRESSER??? Was there drawer space elsewhere?

Thanks for any information.
Sue and Verle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #25
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
That window seat in the bedroom instead a complete wall of dressers is a deal breaker for me. I've talked to the Montana sales reps and voiced my .02 What an ugly unfinished look and a waste of valuable space.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #26
Sue and Verle

M.O.C. #14211
I agree, Ramblin Roadrunners, that would definitely be a deal breaker for us. We need more storage up there, not less and sure don't need a "window" seat in a window we don't "sit in" nor even "look out of". I was hoping to get basically what we have now, a Montana with the Big Sky "upgrade"/package, not a whole new model. I really want that paint job rather than the decals that are now peeling off ours and the ducted air conditioners would be a win for my hubby. That extra $$$ could be a deal breaker for us, also. Thanks for your thoughts.
Sue and Verle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #27
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
The Montana reps said they are going to offer full body paint on all Montana's in a couple of months. They won't be call a Big Sky. Just a Montana.
Jay D