Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #21
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
Funny I have 3 or 4 of the 8 inch non motion detecting lights in the gun safe but never though about slapping them up under the cabinets. I just figured it was dark under there and that was that!

Bucky I'll look into the rod holders. Right now they are being held up with some temporary zip tie loops. They work but not stable and ugly.

I never owned a boat but did own a Just Empty Every Pocket (Jeep).

davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #22
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
A couple years ago, a guy with a Fuzion was parked next to me. Took a tour of his new rig. He was a gadget guy and since I had a M/H with no intention of getting a new rig looked but did not ask enough questions.

He had removed the switch panel. His was in a corner. He had put some blue LED lights behind it that showed thru the writing so in dim light you determine the switch function.

I removed my switch panel from the wood frame and decided I would leave well enough alone. Lots of stiff wires there. Maybe one of you guys can come up with a light from behind the panel?

Jim
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:33 AM   #23
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
My mods are all 3750FL related and may not be applicable to other models but here they are:

Struts on all 8 of the overhead cupboards; telephone, cable (for a wireless router) and satellite (for Traveller Dish controller) connections inside the desk on the left wall; 2 18" towel racks on the wall above the toilet; bedside shelves (not available on the 2011); got rid of the Samsung receiver and replaced it with an inexpensive Pyle 40 watt amplifier (to power the speakers) so that all TV sound now comes through all speakers; added a Roku streamer so now have lots of quality music, etc. available; satellite receiver is in this area (cupboard right of TV) as well; 2 sliding pantry shelves in the cupboard to the left of the kitchen drawers; multi-hook key hanger mounted on the inside of the coat closet door; rear doors on the cupboard above the sink; grab bars on both screen doors; added shelves to the large bathroom cupboards and added a matching handle to the desk door. Those are the improvements that have made our Montana a much more enjoyable place to spend extended periods of time.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #24
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Double sided Velcro tape to secure the cupboard doors when on the go, couple bucks. Piece of an old beige sheet cut to fit between the inner and outer skylights over the shower, free. This mod lets in light, but not direct sunlight.Puck lights in thE under the sink cabinets. Shutoffs installed in the W/D lines. We are plumbed for a Washer Dryer, but don't have one, and the water in those lines was causing a horrible odor in the sink faucets. That fixed it.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote