Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
3725 owners

For the 3725 owners out there, is there any input you can give on likes, dislikes, problems, etc? SIGH..we should have never gone to the RV show. Saw a 3725 and really liked it. Considering changing our 3400 for the 3725. Two things I really like is the second AC, and the level up system. The LED lighting is nice, too.

Comments?

2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Both the Level-Up and a second A/C can be added to your existing 3400. If they are the only reasons for a change, that would be my choice.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
lostshakerofsalt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10012
Before you buy, try to use the bathroom sink. Obviously there was no usability testing after it was built.
Home is where we park it
lostshakerofsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Ditto on your likes of the 3725RL, plus the DW likes the following: Island, Large Pantry, Side-by-Side Washer/Dryer, Access to Refer and Full Bath Room with slides closed including bedroom through bathroom. 42" and 32" TVs, Larger Tub/Shower, King Bed, Fireplace, and Comfort Control Air. Other models have many of these same features. There are several models we like nearly as well including our second and third choices 3850 and 3625 respectively. We have seen many floor plan features on models over the years that are every bit as nice as the new coaches, it just comes down to you personal choice, and do you really want to trade. I always do the math, so if you are happy with what you have then adding Level Up is maybe about $4,800, and a second air is say about $1,000. In any event hope you had fun looking.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:09 AM   #5
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
We like the 3725RL because of its balance. I am 6'4" tall and weigh 275#. DW is 5'0" tall and weighs 99#. She needs to be able to reach everything and I need to fit.

The bedroom is a nice size where you can easily get dressed. A big night stand for the CPAP machine and a KING size bed. Large closet to hold all the clothes and a hamper. Large 32" TV and room for the DVD and DirecTV box on top of the dresser and not taking up dresser or cupboard space. Bed is low so you sit on it and get dressed.

The bathroom is LARGE. Nice size counter and a tub for the little DW only. Yea, I have to bend down to use the sink and the DW fits perfect. I can use the seat in the shower and actually wash my legs and feet. WooHoo. The toilet is not confined between two walls if you know what I mean.

The hallway is a bonus. Large linen closet and room for a side-by-side washer and dryer with room above the units for short DW clothes and stuff. Large hallway for big people to move around, just watch your head entering the bedroom or bath if your as tall as me.

The kitchen has more room than any other RV that we have owned. The pantry is huge and the counter space is adequate. Big coat closet for shoes, jackets, and dog leashes and stuff.

The living/dining room is the best feature. #1 Priority for us: Being able to sit in a recliner, two of the four dining room chairs, sofa, or while in the kitchen and DIRECTLY face the TV. This is the most comfortable setup. Four guys, the same size as me, could all sit at the dining room table with room to spare. With three adults and 5 dogs, we have plenty of space. The quiet A/C and LEDs are OUTSTANDING. We have everything in our new RV that we had in our 3750FL and all of the cupboards above the sofa, recliners, and dining room table are still empty.

Two outside storage compartments and on the 2013, a sewer compartment. Also, a 19' awning. We believe that even though the 3725RL only has 3 slides, they are big, and I mean big slides. We also believe that there is more square footage in this model than any other current Montana model. Just compare the floorplans. Almost the entire street side is a slide. Pulls like a dream and no problems to date.

Not for all, but best for us. Good luck and sorry for the rant.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:32 AM   #6
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Both Beth and I came from SOB made in Canada, which we loved. However it does not compare to the 3725RL. We too fell in love with the floor plan of the 3725RL.

Plus side

1. The living room as Captain Joe stated is fantastic. The center island, location of the TV work very well. In fact we have 9 people in it one weekend and had a buffet setup on the island. Everyone had a place to sit and still be able to move around if they needed.

2. First unit where I do not feel confined in the bathroom. I still cannot believe how much room we have there. Yes as Captain Joe states, one will have to bend down to use the sink, but I have already gotten use to it.

3. The bedroom with the king bed is so nice. plenty of room to get dressed and move around too. Storage is also a plus.

4. The LED lighting is very nice too. This are a couple of fixtures that in my opinion need to be brighter, but really no big deal.

5. The hallway with the space for separate washer/dryer and closet space is just super.

6. With all slides out the unit is huge inside. So much room and storage we will have to be careful not to fill it up.

7. Towing the unit is nice. Tows very smooth, much better than my SOB. I just have to use more go peddle.

8. I will never own a unit that does not have the Level up system. It will be mandatory for any units in the future. Until you have the system, you will say how did I live without it.

Negative

1. The unit is heavy and with mine loaded ready to camp has a heavy pin weight. Mine is 3200 pounds. I have a 2012 3500 SWR Silverado and I am right at the maximum now (pin weight). I do not have any problems towing with the truck. It sits level, along with the 3725RL when hitched.

2. I guess the only negative is its weight. I have another thread where I have all my weights for both truck and trailer called "Weighed the Montana" on this site. Not quite sure how to get the link to show here. Maybe someone more experienced could include the link.

Jay
jhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #7
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
We have to agree with everything stated above. This unit is VERY Nice and Comfy! Feels like living in a condo with all of the room. This is our 3rd Montana and we feel like we have it right this time. We are full timers and would Highly recommend this model for full timers.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #8
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
We saw the 3725, like it, "but" first issue, I hate hallways. In houses etc. They just take up space. We never have had privacy issues with the 3750, but some complain you can't get to bedroom when bath in use, not a problem for us! The other issue is the pocket door. Our other trailer had pocket door to bathroom and noise transfer was big issue for me. In the 3750 you have a wall, and your head, while in bed, is in the slide, no noise! Had very ill guest (too much wine) get sick one night and wife and I heard nothing. With the 3750 you can also get to bathroom and kitchen (like 3725) with no slides being open, main reason we bought it! Not even sure how useful getting to bedroom would be since its tight fit, when slides are closed, cant get into closet? Frankly we would like a new RV every three years. I still am sold on our 3750. We ordered this one with Big Sky options, but wanted white gel coat. Will do the same again, but might have the bottom two toned to match truck! Lol. I will say the 3725 bigger kitchen is amazing, but not sure about door on the other side, jury still out! I love the new Montana's you all are buying. That's great news!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote