Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Doug and Anita
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3321
light problem

Our 2006,3295RK has a light over the computer desk that has suddenly gone bad. A bulb burned out and when I replaced the bulb it blew a 15amp fuse. I took the bulb back out and replaced the fuse but it blew another fuse when I pushed the switch. So I removed all bulbs, turned the switch off and reattached it to the wall. It still blows fuses. What gives? I have had not any trouble whatsover with this light until now. Any ideas? When the fuse blows, all kitchen lights go out as well so they are all tied together. I disconected one wire from the lamp and everything else works fine but I sure need to get that light repaired.

Doug and Anita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Doug and Anita, look at the bottom of the light bulb. I blew a fuse also. Had the wrong bulb type. Tried to put a SINGLE contact bulb in the socket that actually requires a TWO contact bulb. If you try to put a single in the socket, it will fit. Just causes all kinds of havoc. Need a 1076 bulb.

This is if you are talking about the 2 pin round socket bulb. If you are talking about the 921 bulb that has a flat socket that you just push in, then you have another problem - unless you are not using the 921 replacement bulb...

*On Edit~ Sounds like you have a bare wire somewhere more than a bulb problem...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Doug and Anita,
The socket that holds the bulb could be defective. Or the wiring to it has worked loose.

Please let us know when you discover what the problem is.

Thanks and good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote