Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2006, 10:55 AM   #41
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Broome101
No full body paint job. (Believe me, I pushed Mike hard for it at the factory!) You will see a partial body paint job, will be on the lower portion of the coach. I am happy to at least see it on the bottom, should help solve the problem with hi-gloss sides and standard filon basement and propane doors. The bottom paint will have to have a clear coat added to it, thus will make the doors appear to have that nice "shine" on them, like the hi-gloss option does. =)

I have not heard the final "font" and sizing of decals Keystone chose to go with. From the 2 options I saw either one will be a good fit, although I liked my suggestion I made. =)

The Big Sky is rumored to have 7,500 lbs axles, upgraded carpet and materials used inside the coach, better appliances and electronics, and higher quality fit and finish". Cant wait to see it in person, even if it does not have a full body paint job. Maybe next year for the full body paint??????????

On edit,
As Tara stated, the "target" cost of the new Big Sky will be in that $10,000 price range above a Montana.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:05 AM   #42
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
If nice enough I would pay that, been looking at KZ Escaldes as of late, love them, just little too heavy for my taste, 16K GCW
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #43
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Broome101,
Have you seen the new rear entertainment center layout on the KZ Escalades?? I have been looking at them as well. Here is a link to one. http://www.arrowrvs.com/unit_detail.asp?record=256

I would go with the dark cherry wood, but this will give you the idea. And look at that huge flat panel LCD tv back there, and the wrap around sofa. Nice coach...
Old 11-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #44
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
I mean nice but that price tag of 107K is crazy. I can get one not thew rear but the 37KBS for 68K with the cherry wood, beautiful rig. But heavy.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #45
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I saw that $107,000 as well, but notice that is down in FL. I got two price quotes on the same coach with cherry wood for $62k and $64k. All depends on where you buy it. It is one heavy coach, but wont be any heavier than the new Big Sky. The BS is said to be coming with 7,500 lb axles, then add the kingpin weight, will put it in the 16,000 lb GVWR as well.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:23 PM   #46
Rudi and Ellen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4441
Send a message via AIM to Rudi and Ellen
We just replaced our sofabed with one from a furniture store. We got just what we wanted. I made sure that all the dimensions were right before we bought it. However, when we went to put it in, we found that the bed frame extended all little below the bottom of the sofa. That was just enough for it not to fit through the Montana door. To solve the problem, we simply opened the bedframe a little and it was enough
to lift the frame up from the bottom. We were then able to move the sofa easily through the door.
Rudi and Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote