Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2004, 11:35 AM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
MyJoy has turned to Sadness

I should have gotten on line before my trip up to the dealer.And taken you guys advice about running the slide in and out a few times.A 20 mile trip to where I store my Montana and to my dismay the CRACK has reapperared in the same place it was 45 days ago.I couldn`t believe it when I say it.My heart skiped a beat.I was going to call the dealer,but what for?To sit another 45 days.The "Montana Team"i believe was never called in for the repair.

Any thoughts-What i really want to do is take it to another dealer.But no body deals with Montanas close by.I`am so sick over this.I feel like its never going to end.

I should have had them move the slide in and out-damn wish i had got on the forum.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:02 PM   #2
Britney 10
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1704
Harleyrider, I am so sorry to hear about this and I can imagine how upset you are. I know I would be sick please keep us posted on what you decide to do.
Britney 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:17 PM   #3
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
harleyrider,so sorry to hear of your bad luck,i know i would be on the phone to keystone,as you know ;we have had our share of bad luck on our unit, we have some bubbles in the fiberglass that is do to be repaired at the dealer on Nov.17 along with a few minor problems.I asked the dealer how they fix the bubbles, they said they would take it to a local body shop.I do not think i am going to be to happy with this and plan on insisting the montana team come in and repair the unitwith us present, call keystone and tell them the repair did not fix the crack and you would like the montana team to look at your unit with you in attendance, again good luck and hang in there,keystone ;will;imo try to make you a happy camper.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:43 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sgf, we had bubbles on our first Montana back in 2002. Keystone covered it under warranty. They said I could use either of two repair facilities in the Goshen area or they'd work with a facility near us if I preferred. I took the Montana to Indiana. What they did was cut out a rectangle of the siding surrounding the bubbles and spliced in a new piece. They did a super job of matching and also with the decals. They told me in certain light I would still see the patch. They were correct although most of the time it was not visible.

By the way, our bubbles were caused because I asked our dealer to caulk around the bottom of the shower stall on the outside wall where it's not caulked. Turns out it's supposed to be open to vent moisture. With the caulking, the moisture apparently worked its way to the outside surface.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Harleyrider--can't even imagine your frustration on this. Our only words of advice are to listen to all the people who have also had serious issues with their rigs. If you think that their methods of problem solving will work for you then go for it. Patience does wear thin--hopefully you will be able to stick with this problem and get it sorted out. But it sure doesn't seem fair that you have to go through it all again. Keep us posted. We're all cheering for you.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:23 PM   #6
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Thanks guys and gals for your concern and words of encouragement.I am calling Keystone in the morning and telling them the crack repair lasted 30 minutes after a 45 day wait.God I hate even typing that last sentence.I`am almost to the point where I feel like hooking it up and driving it to Indiana and leaving it at the door step of Keystone.

I`am sure hoping tommorow that Keystone will tell me some thing I want and should hear.I am so disappointed at my dealer I could pull what hair I have left out.

I was so excited yesterday driving up to pick up my Montana-its done its fixed.Only to have this happen again.

To me it looks like all they did was paint over the crack and the paint filled the crack in I`am guessing.Looked beautiful when sitting their.But i`ll bet the crack opened up as soon as I pulled out of the dealership.When I got to the storage place I noticed the crack right away.The odd part is that when I opened the bed room slide the crack disappeared.

Thankfully are camping season was over for us.We had no more outings planned.So I`am trying to convince myself that this is the up-side of my problem.

The dealer did I have to admitt did a great job replacing the wood plank flooring in the kitchen.He told me that the wood plank flooring is layed on top of another peice of wood and it was raised up a bit causing the top layer to scrape when the slide would go in and out.They fixed this by sanding the under lying wood.Then laying the new wood on top.

I just believe that the crack problem is more involved then the expertice of this service department

I will keep every one posted as to my continuing saga.

You know my situation would make for a good "RV soap opera show"

"like sand threw the hour glass these are the RV days of my life"
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:09 PM   #7
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Hang in there and keep plugging away. Be sure to get Keystone working with you. That should help. Keep us posted Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:37 AM   #8
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Harleyrider, I am so sorry. Did you have a chance to call Keystone yet? Just wondering what they said. How close is the nearest dealer (besides the one you were using)? Since you won't be using the rig for quite a while again, could you take it to a further dealer and just leave it there with the expectation it will be fixed in 30 days or so? Just a thought.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote