Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2004, 06:22 AM   #1
Montana_1736

M.O.C. #1736
new member 2

Everyone has to start somewhere... My wife and I are new at this, so here goes... getting ready to buy a Montana 5er... first one, although we have had RV's before and love camping, this time we're going to take a couple years and see the country, "full-timing it" for awhile. Have been a Pastor the last 17 years in Central Arizona, feel as though we need a little time off. Excited about getting the Montana, sometime in Sep. or Oct. maybe. Have one question?? Struggling with weather to buy a Mountaineer 30-32ft, or a Montana, or even a Sprinter... know there made by the same people... thinking Mountaineer
Pastor Dave

Montana_1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:37 AM   #2
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
First, Welcome to the MOC forum. Thanks for taking the time to post and tell us a little about yourself. As for which Keystone unit to buy, I think most all the members here will agree...it is purely a personal decision. You must decide which floorplan and which unit will work best for you and your family. We chose our unit because I love cooking and lots of storage space so the 3295RK was our choice. We researched, looked at, drove (motorhomes), went to RV shows, etc. When we walked into our current unit we just "knew" this was the one for us. Good luck in whatever your decision may be.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:42 AM   #3
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Hi Pastor Dave: We also are in the process of buying a new Montana 3280 RLST which is scheduled for del/pick-up on July 8th, 2004.
We've been RV'n for the past 15 years with several Jayco's, but were ready to move up to something new and seems we just fell in love with the Montana we chose.
I have to admit we've really been very pleased with our Jayco's, but Montana seems to have some mighty nice features and seem to be very well built by concerned and caring employees.
"Chomping at the bit" to get our new 3280.
Wishing you the best when you get yours.
Happy camping and God Bless.

Marshall & Rosemary
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:47 AM   #4
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome,
I would agree with both post, it is a personal decision, therefore you should look things over. On the top of this fourm thereis an All Fourms you can click on, the stroll to the bottom and click on any of the the units you are interested in and look the all the floor plans. Good luck and some day happy camping.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:59 PM   #5
Montana_1736

M.O.C. #1736
Thanks for the welcome:
Have our eyes set on the 3295RK ourselves... like you, love
to cook, wife loves to relax. Thanks again.
Montana_1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 04:20 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Pastor Dave. You're smart to check these things out before taking the leap. We learned from a few mistakes along the way but are very happy with our Montana. This is our second. You'll find both Mountaineer and Montana owners in this group. Both are well-built and, even better, are stood behind by the company.

I know very little about the Sprinter so won't comment on that. We have seen a lot of folks fulltiming in Montanas and Mountaineers, including us.

As the others said, this comes down to what you like and how each fits the pocketbook. Please feel free to ask questions, this is a great group to ask. In this MOC you'll find the warts exposed as well as the good things.

Good luck, keep us posted on your decision.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:01 PM   #7
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Hi Pastor Dave! I don't think you could go wrong with any of the units you've mentioned, but since we'd like to have you stick around here on MOC, we hope you pick a Mountaineer or a Montana.

Montana is the number one selling fiver in the nation. There's a reason for that. We have many members full-timing it in theirs.

Just choose the unit that seems to fit what you feel your needs will be. Hard to go wrong with a Keystone product, especially one made by the Montana Division.

Patty & Dick
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote