Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2004, 03:54 PM   #21
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
First off, welcome Nesta! I can't really add anything to what others have told you about trucks. You will notice that nobody told you get brand C,D or F. Just do your homework on weights and carrying capacities. Perhaps the best advice I can offer is to shop for a dealer, rather than a truck. Find a dealer who knows trucks and towing. That may mean a dealer in a rural rather than urban area.

We are getting quite a contingent of Montana owners from along the 401 east of Toronto. There is also another couple from Whitby. We are to the south of the rest of you, along the shore of Lake Erie, south of Hamilton. It seems most of us are heading for the Rio Grande valley for the winter. Looks like there may be a mini Ontario Rally in Texas, come January or February! We should be there by January 19.

(Presently in Gulf Shores, AL, but heading home nest week.)

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 03:31 AM   #22
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Contau Lake and OntMont: Send me your email address at wweaver@sc2000.net and I will forward our address and phone number in McAllen.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:28 PM   #23
rehorner
Established Member

M.O.C. #2287
Send a message via AIM to rehorner
Hi Mike and Nesta and welcome to the MOC! We are in the same boat - just bought a 3380 RL and have to wait until spring. I think it's a little worse for us because it is sitting in our driveway - a constant reminder that we can't use it. We have a GMC 2500HD 4x4 Crew cab with the Duramax and Allison. It works for us but as everyone said, take your time and get the vehicle you'll be comfortable with. Happy camping and hope your winter is not too long.

Bob and Pam
rehorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 01:54 PM   #24
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Mike and Nesta, Welcome!! The MOC is a very good place to ask questions and share ideas. Enjoy the anticipation of your new unit, and Happy Holidays!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:15 AM   #25
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Mike and Nesta,

Welcome to MOC. We saw the 3380 RL at the Rally last September and it sure was tempting. I loved the floor plan. I'm sure your going to enjoy it tons.

So congratulations on your New Montana and a big wish for good fortune on your search and purchase of a truck to tow her with.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote