Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
SHE'S GONE AND SHE'S HERE

Well, we said good-bye yesterday to our faithful 2004 3670. She was bought by a lovely couple from Georgia who will get many years of happy use. I must admit, there was a tear in my eye as they drove away with her. However, our new 3400 is scheduled to arrive at the dealership late next Wednesday. Guess where we're going on Thursday? We are going to have them install the autoformer, Intermatic whole-house surge protector (hopefully in the front storage area - we'll see), scissor jacks and air vent covers. Then we get to bring her home and get her ready for our maiden voyage on 21 March. We have the PDI ready and have e-mailed a copy to our dealer. He said this PDI is exactly what he likes to use. Woo-hoo! Will let you know how things go.

CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
congrats!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Awesome! What an exciting time in your life! And you have a wonderful combination for your nomadic lifestyle. Safe travels.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:41 AM   #4
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congratulations on your new 3400 Montana. Sounds like everything worked out great! Happy Camping!

Bob and Kathy
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:51 AM   #5
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Congratulations - yup, it's hard to see the old one go - so many memories - but exciting to get the new one!
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:28 AM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Congrats, Dave, from one teacher to another. I know you will enjoy your retirement with the new 3400. We love ours. We have been FT for almost 8 months now. Great lifestyle. Sounds like you are keeping your stick home and just taking excusions with your home away from home?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #7
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Chris and Dave,

Congrates on your new Monty! Just a little heads up.... They can mount the surge protector in the basement no problem. If the service dept. doesn't seem to be able to figure it out then have them call Keystone. That is what I had to do with our service dept. when we picked ours up. They did call and found out it would mount against the wall just under the stairs. Works very good just remember when you hook up to electricty it takes a few minutes before the Surge gaurd will allow the electricty into the unit. I believe it is at least a two minute delay. At first it will drive you crazy cause you think something is wrong but that is the way it is designed to work. Good luck and just enjoy the moment when you first lay eyes on her.

Tom
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #8
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Congratulations! on the new Monty!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #9
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Sorry, a bit off topic but could someone tell me how to find the PDI? Congratulations on the new rig!
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #10
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Dave & Cheryl: Thank you! No, we are not keeping our stick house. It is currently on the market and we are hopeful of selling and closing by the time Chris retires at the end of May. Then we too will begin the GREAT ADVENTURE (fulltiming)!!!

Tom: Thanks very much for the info on the surge protector installation. In the basement was were I first considered installing it and the autoformer. I am concerned about ventilation/cooling for both of these items, so I'm going to talk to the service manager about having them installed in the front storage area where there are openings for ventilation. I will post the result, with pictures if possible, after it is done.

Jim & Kathy: The PDI can be found under "Related RV Links" near the bottom of the home page (I think it is the home page - the white background page). We modified it to suit our needs - Chris did that so I can't tell you how, although I believe she copied it into WORD, and then played with it. If you have trouble, send us an e-mail and we will forward to you the PDI that we are going to use.

To ALL others: Thank you for your kind words. We are so looking forward to "hitting the road" and meeting you and sharing what we believe to be an exciting time in our life.

Dave O.
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 AM   #11
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Dave,

As far as the surge protector I don't have any heat problems not sure on the autoformer. I believe Ozz has one of those installed on his. Which reminds me where has he been? Ozz... oh Ozz..... where has Ozz been hiding? Oh the front compartment might be a little harder to do because the main wiring would have to be run to the front compartment and return. Where my Surge Guard is installed the main comes in right there. Hope this helps.
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Chris and Dave! When we see you in a couple of weeks, please remind me that I would like to see how and where your dealer installs that autoformer so I can do the same to ours! I will not be able to remember that for the two plus weeks until we see you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #13
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Dave O, thanks, I found it.
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote