Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #21
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Rich, if you go to tiararvsales.com, do the search for type, make and brand, ( 5th wheel, Keystone, and Mountaineer) you will see the unit we bought. They have 4 listed. The unit that comes up with the red "sold" banner across the upper left corner is ours. Comparing it to the other 2015 331 RLT shown reveals that ours has a different colored cap and decals.

MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #22
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
If you changed your handle I would probably miss your post I'm so used to seeing MIMF. I say leave it as is.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

Rich, if you go to tiararvsales.com, do the search for type, make and brand, ( 5th wheel, Keystone, and Mountaineer) you will see the unit we bought. They have 4 listed. The unit that comes up with the red "sold" banner across the upper left corner is ours. Comparing it to the other 2015 331 RLT shown reveals that ours has a different colored cap and decals.
I see it. You may actually have the new 2015 Model Montana. Note the new "Montana" has the flat back, no cap and no mountaineer logo. It may be a 'tweener" Looks good. The new 'Montana" was in production as we saw them on display for us at the factory tour and on the line.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:17 PM   #24
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Congratulations
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:40 PM   #25
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Congratulations on the new Montana, How about.... Montana Is My Fun....
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:09 AM   #26
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Thank you everyone! Think I'll leave well enough alone. I really like the idea that my handle could mean Montana Is Mauling Finances!

Rich, something I really want to do to dress the back end up a little is to get my hands on the very same mountain scene decal that is on the front cap and put it on the wall below the rear living room window. Perhaps I can go over to the Service Center and con one out of Carmin next week when she is back from vacation.

Going up to Tiara this afternoon and get all the papers signed and make it all official. They already have the old Challenger on site but, no keys. Going to also give them a short list of minor issues for them to repair over time since the camping season here is over. The remainder of the plan is that when time draws near to bring the Monty home late winter or, early spring, I call them, they take her out of storage, clean her up and we do walk thru and inspection at that time. Hoping that will be in the first week or so of March. A trip to Destin, FL would make a great shake down.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:00 AM   #27
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Congratulations on the new unit. I remember when you first started talking about it. Welcome to the "official" family and we look forward to seeing you at the 2015 rally. We look forward to hearing your feedback on the new Mountaineer.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It has been a long time but you did it .The service center has been good about providing a Decal or two. Remember Helen and I work at DisneyWORLD and can get you guys in.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:51 AM   #29
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
Hi Dale, I would leave it MIMF. It could also stand for Montana Is My Favorite.
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:42 AM   #30
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Ron, Gail and I have always wanted a Montana. We was trying to buy one from Camping World who was the local dealer at the time. Those people did not seem to care if we existed or not and would not believe that we really wanted to buy one. So, went up to Tiara and found the Challenger which Gail fell in love with the minute she walked in and.........it was considerably cheaper than what we was going to pay for a 2005 3400RL. So, we bit and have had it ever since and do not regret it. A couple days later, the sales guy called us about the 3400RL and I told him he was too late. Several weeks later, we learned that Camping World was closing their doors. You can imagine my elation when I learned later that Tiara was becoming the new Montana dealer! So, finally here we are.

Rich, thank you for the kind offer! But, for this winter, we may have to pass. I will have this on file in the back of my mind.

Bill, like you version, too.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #31
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
We have the same unit. Took a look at your dealers website and the exterior on the unit shown is the same as ours. We didn't get level up and I know I'll regret it. Our interior decor is different and got the mushroom colored leather HT seating and couch. We ordered ours in March as a 2014 and it came in as a 2015 in early June. When we ordered the island was on wheels which allowed access to the fridge without opening slides. When it came in the island was fixed to the floor and we have to open the slide to access the fridge, bummer.
Only used it 5 days this summer but are currently loading it for a winter in Az. Lots of storage. Need to go buy more stuff.
One problem we have experienced is the tall drawer unit next to the oven. Tends to open during travel and came unhinged from the glides. Caused some damage. Dealer has ordered another set of glides and will add to existing so it wil have 2 sets of glides. Should make it more secure.
Congrats. I'm sure you will enjoy.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:46 AM   #32
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Charli, thanks for the tip! The next time I get into the unit, I will check that out. If I need to, I'll install another set of door latches to keep it shut during travel. Another thing I noticed, the silly little snap straps they used to keep the bed room closet doors closed. They are mounted way down next to the floor so, they have to go. Because, with my two artificial hips, bending over that far just don't cut it! That will be something else I will talk to Carmin about next week at the Service Center.