Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
New S&B

Good Morning, gang! Yesterday was a good day because, Gail and I are starting a new chapter in our lives. A couple weeks ago, she announced to her manager her intention of retirement no later than May 2013. Since the end of February of this year, we have had our 2 story S&B on the market. It is now sold! In the meantime, we have found a huge ranch in the next Township east of us that the seller has accepted our offer on. It appears that by the first of the new year, we will be moved in. It will be great because, everything will be on one floor and much easier on my tired, sore a**!! The thing is, I kept saying all along that I DID NOT want us to be moving during the Holiday season. So much for famous last words!

MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Congrats on the new digs. I always said we'd never move twice for one move, but we had an apartment for 10 months while our new house was being built. Sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Congrats! It is great everything fell into place for you, you are a nice guy, I'm glad.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:34 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Congratulations on your new place. Generally whenever I say it's not going to happen, that's the best way to speed up the process of it happening anyway.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Congratulations and good luck MIME. Moving to a large ranch and being retired is a job in its self, been there doing that now. Retired 13 years ago from my Monday thru Friday job. Now work 7 days a week on my retirement job. Fences to fix, equipment to work on, feed livestock and listen to my boss named Virginia. Been married 47 years so it is not hard to read her mind. Good thing all our kids and family live on ranches in the area so they can feed stock and watch thing when we take the Big Sky on the road. Its a great life, I know you will have fun.

Frank
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
tbhd2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5709
Congrats on the move. Sounds like you'll be really happy there.
tbhd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Giddy up? MIFI are you going to raise cows and stuff too?
Congrads to Gail an enjoy your new adventure.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #8
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
I guess I need to clarify. In looking at my original post, I meant to say that we found a huge "ranch style home". Sometimes, I get to thinking faster than I can type, I get ahead of myself and end up being behind at the same time. That's what I get for not proof reading better. No fences to mend, cattle to drive or, cows to raise. However, it is a half acre with a vegy garden in the back yard. So, I will be playing in some dirt.

Frank, I am totally up with your way of thinking, tho! Haven't been able to roam 2 or 3 hundred acres since I was a teenager. Had a good life in my youth as a farm boy!

Sorry for any confussion I may have caused. Gail and I are excited.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Well, here we go Ladies and Gentlemen, closing on the house that we bought is tentatively scheduled for closing on December 18th with possession on December 21st. With the way I have the inside of this old house lookin' we might be moved before Christmas. Moved I said, not settled in. But, at least all the hard work will be done. Jeez-owie, what a mess!!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
You sound happy in your words Dale and wishin' you both the very best. We're excited for you!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
We are happy, Dennis!! The moving date has been confirmed today which, will be on December 21st. Closing date and whether or not I can start moving anything in earlier than that, is still not known. I'll be happier than ticks on our hound dog in January when this is almost done.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Congrats and good luck with the new house. Hope you have many years of happiness and memories in it.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Congratulations with your new house, what a great way to start the New Year!
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #14
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
It's been a couple weeks since I have posted an update. Late last week, it has been confirmed that we will be closing and starting the move sooner than originally planned. We close on the new house this Friday the 14th at 9:00am. We get the keys at that time and the moving company will be taking a load from our home to the new one that afternoon. That will give me one week to move small items and boxes to the new house before the real move happens on Friday the 21st. That in turn gives us a week to get the old house cleaned and ready for the young couple closing on it on December 28th.

In the mean time, packing continues and life is good!!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #15
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Heh bud, if we were close, we'd help! Enjoy New Years eve in the new house.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 AM   #16
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I know what you mean about a single story home and older knees. Our new home is single story and wheel chair accessible (hope we don't need that one). We are still getting things straight after moving in around Labor Day. It is amazing how slowly "moving-in" occurs even after you have moved in.

I hope you are as happy with your new digs as we are with ours. Glad for you that the move-in date was moved up. We decided that with all we have purchased for the house, we have Christmas gift enough this year.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #17
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Stiles, you have hit the nail right on the head! This is our Christmas gift to each other that will last for the next.......who knows for how many years.

Steve and Patti, next time you're in Elkhart County, let me know. I'll save some of the unpacking for you. We are very easy to find just off US 20 and we would love to have the company!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #18
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Hey Dale, Congrats to you both! You know what they say....Make new friends, but keep the old, one being silver and the other gold! Sounds like you could use some "clean-up" help from the Old, and hopefully the "New" will bring you some "Red Velvet" Cakes to welcome you to the neighborhood.
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #19
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Joy, there ya' go again with the Red Velvet Cake thing! Yummy!! I remember yours very well! My goal before I pass on to the great RV Resort in the sky, which hopefully won't be for awhile, is to have a piece of your Red Velvet Cake again. Even if we have to come all the way to the North West.

Had closing on the new house Friday morning just as planned and, by Friday night, had almost half the house moved, thanks to the professional moving crew we hired. Then yesterday, a bunch of family showed up and helped with one nasty job I was not looking forward to. Still a heck of a lot of work to do but, it is mostly down hill from here. Going to be working this week taking small stuff to new house and putting things away. The moving crew will be back this Friday the 21st to finish the job and we will spend our first night there.

Closing on the old house is scheduled for December 28th for the young couple moving in, all as planned. Life is good!!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #20
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Congratulations on the new house.
It’s a great feeling once all the legal stuff is behind you;
now’s a nice time to relax and enjoy the holidays.
You’ve got the rest of your lives to get settled in.