Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
Fish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22281
High Country 384br Questions

I've been dealing on a 2019 Montana High Country 384 br, deal may or may not be consummated this week so I have a few questions hopefully you good people can answer.

First question is, I've read about oil leakage problems from the slide gearbox on the cable slide system leaking on the roof and causing bubbles. Does anyone know if this problem was taken care of in the 2019 models?

Second question: I've researched this model through all corners of the internet. When we were looking it over I saw a sticker on the kitchen slideout that said gray water. I asked about it. Montana rep was there and he said it was for the galley tank (kitchen sink) only since the cable wouldn't reach to the convenience center. This caused me to realize there are 2 gray tanks. No documentation anywhere or any brochure or dealer website ever mentions this. There were a lot of people there so I didn't get to ask the rep the size of the galley tank.

There's only 88 gallons listed for gray water so this galley tank will obviously subtract from that total. Shower, bathroom sink, and the washer/condensing dryer combo my wife insists on having (not blaming her, I don't want to go to the laundromat either) will all go into the remaining gray water tank so I'm kind of concerned about capacity.

Does anyone here know the sizes of the 2 separate gray tanks which add up to 88 gallons?

I'm not concerned with the crawling under the slide to empty the galley tank as I have an extra sewer valve from my travel trailer with the regular sewer fitting to pop on there so I can leave the galley tank open.

I'm concerned with diminished capacity of the shower/bathroom sink/washer dryer tank since the galley tank comes from the 88 gallon total.

Thanks in advance.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
Fish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22281
Wow, didn't realize I'd written a novel, sorry about that.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Can't help you with your specific model, but most montana's have equal sized gray tanks. Our Spledide washer/dryer can do two loads and a couple showers can also be added before that gray tank has to be empltied, but in reality if I'm doing laundry I'll be hooked up to sewer and have the tank valve open.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #4
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
I do not know if they have fixed the gear box leak in the 2019 MHCs. My 2018.5 379RD has 3 out of 4 that leak. The reported fix is a drip pan. The electric levelers, auto level about 20% of the time for me and several others. The Service dept at my dealer tells me the electric levelers are more trouble than their worth.

Have you looked at the 20th anniversary edition?

NEW 3854/3855 BR (BONUS ROOM)
» Replaces 3950 BR
» Offers Norcold 18 Cubic Foot RV Refrigerator (3854 BR) or Samsung 18 Cubic Foot Resi Refrigerator (3855 BR)
» Outside Kitchen with Refrigerator, Sink and Cook-top
» Pantry in Kitchen Slide-out and Access to Refrigerator when Slide-outs are Closed

Moving up to Montana from MHC gets you away from what I believe are 2 design flaws and may be better in the long run.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #5
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Fish,

Welcome to the forum!

You will have plenty of grey tank capability - they should be split evenly.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:06 PM   #6
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Tanks

Hello Fish
That model has two 44 gallon grey tanks. The tanks are separate. I also sent you a PM.