Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #21
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
I think most dealers pay way less and most techs do not make anywhere close to that, so that will cause a high turnover rate for sure.

I found out recently thru warranty service if a MFG agrees to pay say 2 hours for a repair and the tech goes over that they don’t get paid for the difference. This would sort of make sense why Dealers don’t want to service what they didn’t sell, but all that stuff needs to be fixed.

Unlike Autos theirs are too many models of RV’s and too many types for techs to know them all well enough to fix them correctly, unless the industry improves on Customer Relations and training, this will be the case for a long time.
Just like an auto mechanic there is a book rate for time on nearly every job. MFG never wants to pay enough to do the job. A good tech or mechanic can easily make 10 - 11 hours in an 8 hour day. If something goes wrong time can be ate up quickly ~~ like a broken bolt in a an engine head.

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:52 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is very to easy to find out wages of the Service techs and all other employees of Camping world.

Google or use your favorite search engine and ask Camping world wages and benefits.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #23
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
It is very to easy to find out wages of the Service techs and all other employees of Camping world.

Google or use your favorite search engine and ask Camping world wages and benefits.
I spoke to one recently someone I know works in the service dept, and it is sad how little some of them are paid, and how they take care of their employees.

Worst thing, is I found out the service departments at CW are not owned by CW they are a third party contracted out by CW, so only sales and accessories is part of CW....
Old 06-05-2018, 09:00 AM   #24
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
I spoke to one recently someone I know works in the service dept, and it is sad how little some of them are paid, and how they take care of their employees.

Worst thing, is I found out the service departments at CW are not owned by CW they are a third party contracted out by CW, so only sales and accessories is part of CW....
True on the service dept! If I have work done through parts like wheel bearing lube they take CW gift cards while same work written at the desk next to parts they do not as they are 3rd party. Using the same techs in the same building, only billing is different.

Just for giggles ~~ CW salesperson recently divorced. Alimony $3000 and child support (2) at $1500 totals just over $4500 monthly. He still lives well in a new condo and a new truck. Next recession may have an impact on his earnings and her check but she has a state job as well.

CW finance guy in MA father became sick and mother needed help. He was transferred to SC to be near.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Camping-W...d-Sam/salaries
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:08 PM   #26
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
Evidently missed 1CW where sales of 14 people are in 6 digits.