Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Problems with Dexter EZ Flex????

Looking on one of the other forums it has been mentioned that EZ Flex has had some problems with the rubber bushing cracking after only a couple thousand miles. Since it seems that it is one of the more popular upgrades for Montana's, I figured I would ask y'all. Has anyone had a problem with the rubber bushing on your EZ Flex cracking, or any other problems for that matter. I want to order it for my trailer but don't want to order something that will need replaced after a year or two. For the record I did do a search on here and could not come up with anything and have not heard of problems anyplace else....

steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
We have had the EZ Flex for 4 yrs. and many miles and the rubber looks fine
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:55 AM   #3
emdavis
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4606
I also have the ez flex. Installed it 3ys ago and have towed the monty about 12000 miles with no problems. I packed the wheel bearings last week and didn't see any problems.
emdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
That's good enough for me then. Like I said I haven't seen where there have been problems till I was reading on another forum and they said about doing the search and reading all the problems of the rubber bushings cracking. Never did see to many posts about that so don't know why I worry so much. Gonna do the EZ Flex as soon as I get done with getting my 2nd AC put on.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I don't have the EZ-Flex system and I've read that some cracking may occur and it has to be pretty severe to be considered a problem. I recall reading somewhere than the length and the depth of any crack has to be considerable before replacing them.

I don't know how bad yours are, and it probably depends on the roads you've traveled and how deep or long the cracks are, but this sure seems premature. If you took your rig back to whomever is responsible they'll probably just say it's normal and tell you to slow down when traveling on rough roads. Do you or have you ever parked anywhere that leaves the suspension very stressed (uneven ground, left on a turn, etc.)?

Maybe you should take it back and let them evaluate it. Not because the cracks are there making the rubber replaceable (apparently some cracking will occur) but because they occurred in the first place and this seems very immature. Maybe they were installed incorrectly and thereby incurring this damage quicker than normal.

Please, keep us posted.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I don't have it installed yet, I was inquiring about it because I read that some people were having problems. I was just hoping it was not wide spread.