Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #21
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
terrable thing to happen to ya, but look on the good side it was all clean water, which will dry soon the way you are doing it.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #22
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by K&Gs3400RL

Hope you get yours figured out where it came from. I didn't think to take pictures or video wish I would have. My biggest concern is the insulation under the main floor, I know the first section is damaged I just dont know how far the water went back. : (

Ya ours looked just like that in the video.
How is the drying process coming?
bighornram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #23
K&Gs3400RL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9671
Yesterday I took a Vacation day from work, and took the trailer to the dealer. They confirmed the toilet valve was sticking. "Gee I think I told them that, but did they order the part? No" So they did and said it will be in tomorrow. So last night before they closed I went back in to pick it up so we and the dogs would have a place to sleep. And Today I take another day off work to take it back in. Well Its fixed and works great, in fact it works better than when we first got the trailer. How does that happen????
As for the wet insulation they said Im doing the same thing they would have done, So there wasn't anything more they could do. They told me to keep my nose open for a musty smell, and If I do bring it back in. So well see.

The drying is going pretty good in the section I have the fan in. My concern is what I cant see.
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #24
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bighornram

Great timing for this flood thread. Last week after a great stay by Zion NP I dumped the black tank and ran the flusher. Seemed to be ok though didn't seem to push much out of the dumper. Didn't think that much of it as I could hear it running and had some clear water draining out the sewer line. After packing all the hoses up etc. final vehicle inspection revealed water dripping from the underbelly edges along the frame. Then I noticed the underbelly sagging in the center. Seemed to have some water in it. I pulled the rig out of the slot and out came all the water! Quite a lot of it.
Video and Photos link ==> .
Move ahead, now I'm back home, I opened up the utility panel cover and hooked up the flush hose. Turned it on a short time and saw literally "ONE" DROP of water come down the line from where the valve is behind the shower. I suspected that was the culprit. Any water is not right but one drop would not fill up the underbelly. So looking with a flashlight I don't' see any sign of water behind the utility panel or looking towards the back behind the utility panel. I am still under warranty and am awaiting a replacement microwave and ceiling fan to come in for replacement. This trailer has sure had more than it's fair share of problems...sigh.
Well my appointment day finally arrived and the dealer had my rig a day and a half. They say they could find no evidence of a leak. They said they filled all the tanks and left the rig connected to city water overnight without a leak occurring. I took my laptop with me when I picked it up so I could show them the video. The service tech who did the work on the rig was impressed by the amount of water running from my rig. He said if this occurs again to try to note what was running when the leak happens. The service manager advised me to email the video to Keystone so they could put it in my file. The only other possible source of water on that trip could have been from sprinklers at the campground. The back end of my rig was extended over the grass. I never noticed any sign of water around the rig until the morning I broke camp though.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #25
K&Gs3400RL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9671
Really don't think a sprinkler would have caused that. I think the water had to come from inside the trailer somewhere, maybe the grey tank was full from showers and overflowed from a bad connection on top? Since it does not seam to be a busted water line if they indeed had it hooked up to water all night. Hope you can find it soon and get it fixed.
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #26
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by K&Gs3400RL

Really don't think a sprinkler would have caused that. I think the water had to come from inside the trailer somewhere, maybe the grey tank was full from showers and overflowed from a bad connection on top? Since it does not seam to be a busted water line if they indeed had it hooked up to water all night. Hope you can find it soon and get it fixed.
Agreed! Maybe I should go back to the same location and watch what happens when their sprinklers run.