Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2005, 03:27 AM   #1
M00N1
Established Member

M.O.C. #1624
countertops in Montana

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with my countertops. We have a 2004 Montana and the countertops did not arrive as formica, but as a corian wanna believe countertop.

I just don't know how to keep it nice. We are very careful and it appears that everything scratches it. Does anyone know what product to use on it to bring it back to a nice shine. I have not found one yet. I will admit, I would prefer the old formica anyday. This one looks nice, but I am just not doing something right with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jo and Rob Mooney

M00N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 03:59 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Ann uses Hope's Countertop Polish on our countertop. Brings the shine back.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:47 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
The counter tops are not suppose to shine. They are matte finish. There has been a previous post on this with lots of suggestions but I could not find it and search did not help me. I had copied the directions that came with our unit on how to remove stains and scratches. I'll keep looking.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 07:01 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Here are the cleaning instructions:

Soap and mild detergents will clean most stains. For stubborn stains use a white Scotch Brite pad and a nonabrasive cleaner like Soft Scrub.

For scratches, use a green Scotch Brite pad and an abrasive cleaner like Ajax or Comet. Cover an area large enough to blend the area being addressed. Use a circular motion.

For most stubborn stains and scratches start with 240 grit sandpaper then follow with green Scotch Brite pad and abrasive cleaner. Repeat if necessary. If you use sandpaper, wet surface area to control dust.

Do's and Don'ts:
Always run cool water when pouring boiling water into bowl.
Always use a hot pad or trivets under hot pots or dishes or heat producing appliances, such as frying pans and the like.
Always use a cutting board and never use a knife on countertop surface.
Avoid harsh chemicals like drain cleaners, oven cleaners, etc.
Only have a professional fabricator use power sanding equipment on the countertop materials.
Do not let cleaners with bleach sit on the countertop..wipe off immediately
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote