Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Two Items of concern

HI every One.

I have two items that are troubling me,

First the Jacks and Slide outs are not working with the manual switch but they do work with the remote just fine.

I have traced the power to the circuit board on the bulkhead,
there is power to there, but no power to the switch on the out side wall or the inside switch.
My question,
This being a problem is there a relay on the board that can be replaced and which one is it if so.
Or is a hole new board required?

Second problem..
Hot water tank will not fire up on Gas. Works fine when generator is running. Are the hot water tank and the Jack problem common on the Board?

What fuse's are there for the Hot water tank?
I have no lights on the fuse board on,
But if I knew which fuse was for this I would take it out and check it.
I feel that the fuse board in the Bathroom should be better marked as to what they are for.

Guess I will pull them all and check as I go.
Ha Ha.

I have gone through all the grounds and found a few with pretty lose crimps so redid them and checked with meter.
Sloppy work in manufacturing.

Maybe a new board is required?

Rig is an 09, 3400RL Hickory Edition,
Cheers
Rick

Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765

Rick,
Try this,at the circuit board, find the +/- at manual switch location. Run a wire from - to a known good ground. Check the switch operation.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Mike has a good suggestion on problem #1 ... also maybe check continuity from the circuit board to the manual switch on BOTH the + and - sides of the wiring. (I'm thinking broken/loose wire on one side or the other).
Problem #2 ....Just a guess, but since it works fine with generator, maybe the battery isn't charged enough? How does it perform with pedestal power? Possibly the igniter ... you should hear a pulsing loud ticking sound coming from that area when it is trying to light. The igniter could also be misaligned.
Please post as to the solution. Good luck.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298

Gee here I am back.

Thanks for the suggestions fellows.

Here is what I have found so far,
Problem #1 No Power on the positive side of the Board on the manual side. there is power going into the board from the input side.
all grounds are good as I fixed them, was some sloppy work on the crimps from factory but now repaired. and checked.

Problem #2
This was puzzling me a bite as there was no power to the visible wires, Well I took the cover off of the thermal couplers and found power on one side of the lower right coupler,
So that led me to believe that it was a bad coupler.
I taped it with handle of my screw driver and Bingo the hot water heater started up. Bad therm o coupler will replace if it happens again.

Now have to go back to problem # 1
Best go get me a sledge Hammer for this one,

Rick is offline   Reply With Quote