Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
Mel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10238
Mounting shower caddy

Has anyone mounted a shower caddy? I would like to mount one on the outside wall of the shower, but not sure how to go about it. The mount will need to carry the weight of the shower caddy and shower stuff (my wife has a lot), so not sure how to mount it. If I mount it into a stud -- how do you find them? and what type of screw do you use?
If I mount it into the wall without a stud I worry it will just pull out from the weight. Anybody figured out how to do this?
Thanks

Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
We have one that has been in our shower for about 3 1/2 years. No screws required, used the 2 sided tape and the silicone adhesive that came with the caddy. Have had no problems at all and believe me, it has had a lot of wear.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Mel, we use a mesh bag shower caddy that has 6 pockets. We put over the door hangars on theglass wall and hooked the mesh bag to that. We rolled up some of that rubber mat material to take up the excess space on the hangars. It works great and we have used it for 6 yrs. We originally used it on the inside of the shower curtain in our TT.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
We found a shower caddy at Walmart that is made to hang over the shower head with suction cups on the legs to support it to the wall. DH took the top part that was to hang on the shower head and bent it backwards into a U shape so it would hang over the side of the shower wall. The suction cups hold the caddy against the glass. It is bent approximately 3 or 4 inches. It works great for us. If you need a picture I will try to post one here.
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We have one that has over the door hangars and we hang it over the side of the shower. Works fine and no holes to drill.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote