Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2010, 04:37 AM   #21
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
FastEagle,

I would REALLY like to know what makes you an expert on tires. Have you ever been involved in ANY aspect of the tire business? Design? Engineering? Manufacture? Testing? Sales? My guess is NO you haven't. In case you didn't read this before, here is what makes Barry Smith an EXPERT;

Expertise
I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.
Experience
Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

Quote:
quote:By FastEagle

Many will misunderstand information provided by Barry Smith. In the quote you have referenced Barry has misrepresented the ST tire by how he described the passenger aspect of the tire. Nowhere in the DOT standards is the ST tire restricted from carrying passengers.
I'll believe the expert and I'll keep my passengers in the TV where they belong, riding on tires that are approved for passenger use. You can stick yours in the trailer riding on ST rated tires if you want to, but I strongly recommend against it.

What is your agenda here on the MOC forum? You don't own a Montana, and you haven't indicated any interest in owning a Montana. Are you here because you got tired of all the negative feedback you have been getting on RV Net and need a new venue for your rantings? Are you a member of several brand specific forums for the same reason? Do you work for the DOT? Have you ever worked for them?

LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:42 AM   #22
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Me think FastEagle should have name change to talktoomuch???
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #23
FastEagle
Established Member

M.O.C. #10291
In the reference below you will find information on the states that allow passengers in RV trailers. My number may have been off by one or two but close enough.

http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

FastEagle

p.s. Experience is a good thing. It allows you to do accurate research.
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #24
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
FastEagle, I, too, am interested in which Montana, Big Sky or Mountaineer you are planning on replacing your Everest with. You obviously have a lot of information to provide, perhaps you could relate this to one of the lines that this forum was established for. It would almost appear you are a tire dealer, perhaps a Power King dealer? I'm glad you have had good luck with those tires, but as I posted earlier, I had to replace three in about a six month period. I, personally, could not recommend these tires to anyone. BTW: Is there a forum for Everest owners???
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:10 AM   #25
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steves

Me think FastEagle should have name change to talktoomuch???
My Father-In-Law had a good name for people like this.

He called them "Blow N' Hollar"
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 AM   #26
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
This thread is getting personal so it is being locked.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote