Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
Galley drain valve

Now that the newer Montanas have the convience center, is the galley drain valve located there or still under the slide on the 3400's?

Another question, the Montana site 2010 information flyer makes mention of pendant lighting being added over the counters. (along with wet bolts) Can anyone confirm this - pics please

PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Someone mentioned they were looking at a 2010 3150 and saw it had wet bolts but I didn't catch that it was a standard offering. I don't know about the other items even though a convenience center has been available for a few years now.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Gally drain has not been moved.
Wet bolts were supposed to be std after Jan 1, according to Keystone last Sept at the rally. Also, auto adjust brakes.
Not sure pendant lighting is optional or std on any or all models. We are presently looking into replacing lights over the counter in our 2010(built04/09), trying to figure out how to cover in the holes left by removing the white plastic lights. I think they have a white putty for just that application.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Can't speak for the 3400RL.
Our new 3150RL has the wet bolts. I have been told it has the forward adjusting brakes. Don't know about the brakes for sure.
It does not have any special lighting over the counters. Just the regular double lights with the rocker switches.
It was to have the slam latch baggage doors, but they were having some issues with the ones they did install on other units and stopped using them until they work out the issues.
We do have some new colors and fabric for the Emerald Isle. I think the Hickory color is slightly lighter also. The counter tops are not grey. They are a brown speckled color. The kitchen sink has two large bowls with one being a little larger. So there are a few changes.
The galley drain is under the large slide and takes some crawling to get to it with the slide open. The other grey water and black water drain is in the convenience center.
The unit came of the line 11 Feb. 2010.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jolu, when we had our axles replaced almost two years ago (summer, 2008) we got self adjusting brakes on the Dexter 7k axles. The self adjusting brakes were brand new on those axles at that time. The installer held off on buying them so we'd get the auto adjusters.

Ours auto adjust during both forward and rearward movements. I would think the ones Montana is now using would be the same.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote