Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #41
restez
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10477
We were in Essex, Southern Ontario earlier this month in our new 2010 Mountaineer 326RLT and the weather was in the 90's with high humidity and we found that if you left the bathroom door open the upstairs bedroom would stay considerably cooler. With the door closed the bathroom felt like a walk in cooler. Was bearable keeping the temps in the mid 70's. I doubt that I will add a second air until I am full timing and spending more time down south. Just my opinion

restez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #42
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
As well as a 2nd ac we bought a roll of the reflective material available at CW for the windows. Wherever the sun is coming in the windows we use this material. It really keeps out the heat to the point where we seldom use the 2nd ac. Today it was 104 in the sun and 78 in the Monte running only the one ac.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #43
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I hate to say it (nah, I don't really) but we've only "experienced" four days of what I would call "summer" this year. By that, I mean four days over 80 degrees, of which I think 1, maybe 2, were over 90. We've spent our summer touring the Oregon Coast and Washington state. Tomorrow morning we pull out of Port Angeles, WA, after a month. The weather has been beautiful. I have several times worn long sleeve shirts and a denim overshirt. Today it was 69 degrees at Noon. And despite what I hear about rain in Washington, not here.... Port Angeles and neighboring Sequim average 18 and 16 inches of moisture annually. Half of what they get in Topeka, KS, our former home. And the winter weather is very mild. The average LOW in Port Angeles in January is in the low 40's. No wonder more and more retirees are discovering this area!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:13 AM   #44
mopar1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8805
You retired people get to go to all of the "cool" places.
mopar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 AM   #45
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
That is why we are in Oregon--on the coast. 53 degrees in the AM and about 68 in the daytime. OH--I have a second AC but have not used either AC. But it was 119 in Nevada during the early part of this trip and both AC's kept it to about 85.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote