Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Garlic
Established Member

M.O.C. #8408
Montana 2850 fender skirt

A blowout ripped a fender skirt off my 2002 Montana. I am having no luck in finding a replacement. I found a couple that are "close" but am reluctant to order something I know is not the true replacement.

Suggestions for where to look for the real item are appreciated.

Thanks

Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Garlic

A blowout ripped a fender skirt off my 2002 Montana. I am having no luck in finding a replacement. I found a couple that are "close" but am reluctant to order something I know is not the true replacement.

Suggestions for where to look for the real item are appreciated.

Thanks
We've been to the salvage store in Elkhart and they seem to have almost everything. I don't know how they get the stuff but I think it's material they buy from the manufacturers. Anyway, I've seen an awful lot of fender skirts there for a lot of Montana models. In fact, they even have one for our rig which is a 2000. This may not help you, but it is a possibility.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
Garlic
Established Member

M.O.C. #8408
Orv, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I found this link that lists RV salvage yards.

http://www.timberman.com/salvage.htm

And the search goes on
JCJ
Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Have you tried asking Keystone for the supplier's name so maybe you could order the exact replacement? I have not tried that but would think they could provide that information.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
I had the same problem and got frustrated with trying to find a replacement without having to order a full length J-Panel. Luckily, my brother-in-law was able to fabricate a piece for me just the right size to cover the hole left by the damage. I found some paint at the auto parts store that matched the Monty pretty good and after puting a good primer on the new piece I painted it with a couple of coats. I sealed the edge where it overlaps the original J-Panel with silicone sealant. If you have a sheet metal shop nearby that can fabricate a replacement for you it might work out for you too.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote