Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2015, 04:29 AM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Amazing these things hold together at all

Just returned from an 850 mile trip from north TX US 75/69/I-40 thru eastern OK, up to Eureka Springs, down to Petit Jean State Park, down to I-30 and back to TX. About half the roads were great. Many newly repaved and some even completely rebuilt. The other half will beat you to death. A stretch of 75 in TX heading toward the Red River has been terrible for years and just keeps getting worse. Many miles of 69 south of Eufaula has also been rough for many many years. But other parts that used to be bad have been repaired and are good. Much of I-40 has been rebuilt and is nice. But some is also pretty bad. Miles of nice newly repaved asphalt highway in Arkansas was very smooth. EXCEPT, about every half mile there would be a significant jolting "bump" that stretched completely across the highway. What is with that? They are rebuilding parts of I-30 between Little Rock and TX. Much of that is great. But there were also miles of seemingly newly rebuilt concrete highway that was like driving on a washboard. Constant thump, thump, thump.

Overall every thing survived, except my pocket door finally dropped down on the back. Had been drooping a little before and I had neglected to fix it. Now I will have to. But it is pretty amazing that things hold together as well as they do. Guess I can't complain too much.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote