Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
bad day in arkansas

I am having a hard time remaining calm! If I ever see arkansas in this life, it will be too soon. After leaving Tom Saywer, getting diesel at flying j (rvs longer than 32 ft have to use center pump under awning with cars), getting back onto I40 and driving but a few miles...it happened. Heavy traffic, two lanes, I run into a "rolling highway dept lane restriction". They said there was a prior warning that I didn't see...but cresting a hill with a car in the left lane beside me, I see a highway truck on the shoulder with a big sign attached to the side of it. Trouble is the sign takes up half the right lane, is only a hundred feet or so in front of me and I have nowhere to go. Crowding the center of the road, I hit the sign with the front molding on the front cap, scratch down the side to the front awning arm which gets ripped in two at the joint where it meets the shock, more scratch to door where hinge on door gets dinged and slight bend, on to where sign puts hole in rearmost side of door window, scratch on across both window frames and windows, then on to rear cap molding. Cost...who knows...state police say my fault and I will have to pay state for new sign (has some slight scrapes on edge). Right now someone could steal the fifth wheel while I am away from it and I would be delighted. I mean, who needs this .... john