Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
How to remove the belly

I am trying to remove the belly on my Mountaineer to install a quickie flush but something is sticking through every piece of the belly I need to remove so they won't move. Has anyone figured out how to get the belly off?

dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Hi dbrill,

I'm sorry no one has responded to your question, but it's a Holliday weekend and I'm sure everyone is busy.
I can't be of much help to you, I have not had an occasion or a problem that would cause me to remove the belly plastic. Can't you just remove enough screws to drop the part you need to get at without removing the whole belly? I do know I replaced a few screws under the belly that had corroded but that was only at the rear end of my rig. I wish I could help more. I think if your patient and wait until the weekend is over someone will give you the answers you are looking for.
Have a good weekend.

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:48 AM   #3
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Our Montana is older than yours (1999) so I don't know if the material used on the bellu panelsa is the same as on yours but I have removed three or four of the belly panels. It's true that there are drains going through it but they are easy to remove. On ours I just have to loosen the clamp and pull off the valve.

My biggest problem was lining up the panels when it was time to put them back. I found that using a two step stool as a spare pair of hands made it possible. Just put the stool under the panel approximately in the middle. Then you can more easily move the panel around to get it aligned.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:09 AM   #4
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
Thanks for the suggestion. I could not get the valve loose but I was able to take out all the screws and slide the panel over the gas line and then pull it towards the back with a slight rotation to the drivers side and I am now in the belly so I can get the quickie flush installed. Hopefully I have enough hands (wife, son, and daughter) to get the panel re-aligned when I am done, if not I will try the step stool suggestion.
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote