Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #21
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Don, Georgia and Smokey,
Don't know why that wouldn't work. Sounds like it should. Hope I never have to find out. :-)

HamRad

HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:28 AM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm still wondering about that blockage. We've dumped sometimes after a day or two, not nearly full, and never had this problem. I've never seen the size of the pipe opening at the tank but surely it's not small enough for a little TP to block it. Since this is a pretty new Montana, could there have been some foreign object in the tank from the beginning? Whatever, I'm glad to hear it is working now.

I like TT2's idea, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:22 PM   #23
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

I'm still wondering about that blockage. We've dumped sometimes after a day or two, not nearly full, and never had this problem. I've never seen the size of the pipe opening at the tank but surely it's not small enough for a little TP to block it. Since this is a pretty new Montana, could there have been some foreign object in the tank from the beginning? Whatever, I'm glad to hear it is working now.

I like TT2's idea, too.
Serigle, my sister had a blockage in there black tank a long time ago and my B in Law had to unplug it with disasterous results, what a mess. there's was caused by to much TP and waste in one spot caused by no movement of the MH, It was an earlier Tioga from the toilet down to the tank strate shot. I dont have to go into details but when the cork was pulled the pile went to the opening and pluged it. I think it was a TP that didn't degrade very well also.
the only thing that I didnt mention on the water was how to open the conector when it pushes the blockage back. a sugestion, have a bucket ready at the elbow an close ths dark tank valve that way there will only be what is in the pipe , a black trash bag in the bucket and with the open end use that for the removal of the end cap it should help in keeping the waist contained, then hook up the hose, and open the valve on the dark tank.
Good luck: Dental Floss Tycoon
Old 06-07-2005, 06:45 PM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks TT2. I guess that's a good testament to the need to make sure the TP will disintegrate.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote