Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Alot of Montana's

When we where The Cedars RV Resort in Ferndale Wa. there was alot more Montanas this time. I talked to some of the owners and a few are going to look at the Website. I talked to one about two weeks ago and I think he might of joined. All seemed quite interested.

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Before our last trip we went to the MOC home page and used the Business Card Template to print up some cards to pass out to Montana owners we might run across. We did pass out a few to Montana owners. They all were very interested in MOC. The template has the website address and is a great way to pass on information to new prospective members.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
That's great, Don and Mary Ann. The more that join, the more thoughts and ideas to look and think over.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Good job Hookman(s)... we should offer atta-boys and atta-girls for recruiting. Or how about a way-to-go since that's gender non-specific.

Allow me to give you a WTG

DW and I are going out again this weekend. I hope I get the courage to knock on a Montana's door to promote the MOC. We will be out with other families (but they don't have a Monte.)
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Whenever we’re in the parks it seems that we’re always looking for more Montana’s. I have some of those cards printed up also and use them occasionally as well. I expect to see several Montana’s this weekend being the Holiday and all. We will be a Greenbo Lake State Resort Park in KY.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
I was at Far Horizon 49er RV in Plymouth, Calif. There was ten Montanas there. Talk to as many as I could passed out biz card. Now I am at Durango Rv Park in Red Bluff. Very nice place. One on the staff has a Montana, gave him a card. So maybe we will have some new members.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:50 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There are always montana's everywhere we go. It is unusual to be in a RV park and not see a Montana or two. There were several in our Florida RV park and several passed through during the winter. I will usually ask the Montana owner "how do you like your Montana" If the guy flies into a rage I stop right there. If positive we will contine.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Rich, those are the ones that need us even more than those with little or no problems. I always listen to them and then explain how the MOC has helped me head off several problems inherant in the brand. There have been several that were totally turned off and did not want to hear about MOC and I just said happy RVing and kept my MOC card.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Over the years, I have passed out many cards and had many newbies join the MOC. But for every 10 cards I have passed out maybe 1 has joined. Some have stayed around and are very active, while some are just readers and never post but they do PM/Email me to respond to certain threads. Even some of the jokes I now and than post come from a member that I gave a card to in a rest area. I think she may have made one post in the year since she joined. Be that as it may and regardless of the non-joiners (9 out of 10) I still pass out my cards every chance I get. You just never know.
I also used to be amazed at the number of Montana owners that I spoke to that have never heard of the MOC and that hasn't changed to any real degree. I am also amazed at the numbers of RVers that don't even own a 'puter and some that do have no way of getting online while on the road. There are also the numbers that say they would never own a 'puter. That one I really do not understand. In this day and age how can anyone go through life without a 'puter??? Not me, no way Jose. If I didn't have this 'puter and my MOC family I think I would go bananas, OK no snide remarks.

Right now I am grandson sitting and therefore cannot leave the house. We are sitting between the mountains and therefore I do not have a Verizon signal. But my daughter is on a cable modem and putting out a Wifi signal so Lorraine and I can still use our laptops. Also my daughter has a PC and that is what I am using to surf the MOC.

SO keep passing out those cards, you just never know.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I showed the manager of the dealership where I purchased our 3400RL from a MOC business card while explaining to him all the benefits of belonging. He asked if he could keep the card. I'll have to check the next time I'm in there to see if he still has it displayed.

As a MOC'er, one of the things that you can do is talk to salesmen at Keystone dealer ships. They have the best audience for spreading the word of MOC, as well as you still handing out cards.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #11
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
The last brochure I saw on the "Montana", at the bottom of the back page was a paragraph that listed the "MOC" organization. I guess that it just goes to show, people don't go over the brochures very well. Maybe we are all a little lax in that area Have A Good Day
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote