Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Bye Bye Snowbirds

We always hate to see the snowbirds leave. We are friends with so many of you and will miss you. That being said....thank goodness the snowbirds are gone!!! No more traffic!!! My mother-in-law lived at the Connecticut shoreline and when the "summer people" were leaving after Labor Day weekend she was so happy. I know how she felt! The stores and roads will be so much easier to navigate. That being said....how lonely it will be without you!!

CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
and that's a fact. Lot less traffic down here. Our CG is close to being a ghost town and I am bored from no one to talk to but that will end on the 18th when we also begin our northern migration. This CG has around 255 sites. This winter we were 95% full. Today there are about 60 sites occupied and 5 of those will be migrating soon. There are only about 50 sites occupied all year round. More power to them, to hot and HUMID for me.
I would love to stay the summer but it's only the beginning of May and it's already to darn hot down here.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:47 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Our C.G ..Mouse Mountain, near Disney emptied out quickly. By April 21 when we left it was nearly empty of snowbirds. The Canadians were still not ready to head North. Occupancy was down from last year. Traffic home I-4/I-95/I-26/I-77 to Northern Ohio was light. Overnight C.G's we stayed in were not even 1/2 full. Pleasent trip home... 1084 miles. We will be back in Oct 09.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote