Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
A sign of the times???

I cant believe what I am witnessing. My partner at work is trying to purchase a SOB and it seems no one wants to sell him one. I thought the economy was in the dumps but apparently all is good. Here is his plight:

Dealer one; They had the exact trailer the family was looking for. A nice super light with back slide pull behind and bunk beds for the kids. They went and looked at it a couple times and then decided to make the offer and buy the trailer. During paperwork, dealer #1 inflates income figures etc to get them into a better loan. Bank figures this out and walks away from deal. He goes to credit union and secures loan at higher rate and time. Now finds out, dealer #1 overcharged sales tax. They get that straightened out. He agrees to have the trailer delivered today only to find out dealer # 1 didnt even pull the trailer out after financing went south first time. Would be hard to prep and be ready today is the official story.

I knew that another dealer had the same trailer and told him (encouraged) to see if they wanted to sell a trailer. Seems dealer #2 also does not want to even return calls as all have gone to a phone machine.

I have been frantically trying o find something close in the Keystone line so I could get him to our dealership. So far nothing close to the floor plan they like.

Ya just got to wonder what these people are thinking? Makes you want to get a better tent instead, I am just glad my experience was not only enjoyable, but they saved us alot of money on our purchase.

sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
"During paperwork, dealer #1 inflates income figures etc to get them into a better loan" .....Sounds like part of what got us into this economic mess in the first place...."Now finds out, dealer #1 overcharged sales tax"... Dealer #1 is a piece of work.??? Wonder if he is applying for a bailout???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Are they looking for a TT or a fifth wheel? If it is a TT check out the Keystone "Hideout", "Hornet", "Bullet" or "Passport"! They all have floor designs with bunks for the youngsters or whoever! It's a little harder finding a fifth ultra light that has the bunk setup! Just go to the Keystone sight and check out the full line of units by clicking on the names on the left side of the webpage!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Hi,

Yes, I already checked the site. The one they are trying to buy has a unique rear slide out. It goes out the back of the trailer, not the side. By the way, Days almost done and still no call back from dealer #2 or communication with dealer #1. Simply amazing
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote