Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
Montana_5089

M.O.C. #5089
Washer/Dryer Removal

We are new Montana Owners and having a leak with the water pipe which naturally is behind the unit. Our bathroom floor is getting wet and we need to pull them out. Very heavy as the two units are bolted together. Appears we have to take out the door and all the trimmings.

We have a 3255RL. Just arrived in Florida December 6, 2005. We are from Nova Scotia, Canada. I have emailed the dealer but no response to date but then it is Christmas time. It is not a Keystone warranty as the Dealer through it in as part of the sale and his staff installed.

Any ideas on how to get to the tap in a simple manner?

Montana_5089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:35 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hi Gail and welcome to the MOC family.

As we don't have a Monty with a washer/drier we can't be of very much help but I am sure someone will happen along shortly.

You say you're in Florida, so are we. We're over by Clearwater, where would you be located?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:46 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the MOC. Sorry you are having difficulties. I think your analysis is correct about the availability of your dealer at this moment. I am not sure about the warranty or whose warranty is in effect, but it should be covered by someone. Either the dealer or keystone should authorize repairs with someone where you are. At least that is my opinion.

You should have some shut-off valves somewhere to at least stop the water flow until you can get to the repairs. If not, I would sure get some installed. Sooner or later washers will leak. If it were me, I wouldn't use it again until repaired.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 04:05 AM   #4
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
We have the majestic washer and dryer and also had a flood due to the improper hook up of the washer. Fortunately our's was fixed by our dealer and they billed majestic. I would call the manufacturer as they should be able to send out a service tech under warranty.....
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:27 AM   #5
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Hi Gail, I have the Splendide combination Washer/Dryer and I can reach over it to shut off the water. You might have to unbolt your top machine, have someone help you to remove it and then you can get at your water shut off. Good Luck and have a good Boxing Day. Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:15 AM   #6
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Hi Gail,

Welcome to the MOC forum. We had the opposite problem with our W/D combo. Like you, our dealer installed our Splendide, but they didn't turn on the water. Karen had to reach behind and turn them on. It might be that the hoses aren't tightened propertly, or are cross threaded. That was our problem. Once we rethreaded the hoses, no more water on the floor. Like Glenn we are also in Florida, Naples to be exact.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:56 AM   #7
Montana_5089

M.O.C. #5089
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Hi Gail and welcome to the MOC family.

As we don't have a Monty with a washer/drier we can't be of very much help but I am sure someone will happen along shortly.

You say you're in Florida, so are we. We're over by Clearwater, where would you be located?
Thank you for the response. We are in Avon Park at Adelaide Shores RV Park. I do not know Florida that good but do not think we are too far away.

Where are you from ?

We still have the leak as my husband decided he was not going to pull out the stackables today.
Montana_5089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:54 AM   #8
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hi Gail,

I know that one of our members (sreigle) has a set-up like yours. I'm sure that as soon as he gets back on the Forum, he will have something to say. In the mean time, could you disconnect the washer from the locker below and cap off the supply lines. That won't fix the problem, but at least you could get water to the rest of the trailer. The caps should be available at almost any RV dealer, or even a good hardware store, and it should not take anything more than a pair of pliers to do.

Good luck. (N.S. is in for a big storm, be glad you are in Florida!)
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #9
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Don't know what brand of stack unit you have. We have the Kenmore stack units. Ours was leaking after it was installed. The place that installed them didn't tighten the hoses going to washer. Ours has a plate thing between the units that can be removed with tools. We took that off and tightened them. Don fixed the plate so it can be easy removed so if they shake loose and start leaking. We check this after a long trip. Can reach back behind the washer and tighten the hoses. Not easy but easier than moving the units.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:15 PM   #10
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
We have a Whirlpool washer/drayer stackable. On our last trip the washer became unbalanced. Something came loose. Any day now we will call for service. I will give an update after repairs. Happy New Year.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:01 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gail

We are new Montana Owners and having a leak with the water pipe which naturally is behind the unit. Our bathroom floor is getting wet and we need to pull them out. Very heavy as the two units are bolted together. Appears we have to take out the door and all the trimmings.

We have a 3255RL. Just arrived in Florida December 6, 2005. We are from Nova Scotia, Canada. I have emailed the dealer but no response to date but then it is Christmas time. It is not a Keystone warranty as the Dealer through it in as part of the sale and his staff installed.

Any ideas on how to get to the tap in a simple manner?
I'm afraid I won't be a lot of help on this one. Ours is a Whirlpool/Crosley stack that sits in a frame in that washer/dryer closet. I think the units are bolted to the frame.

Our water hookup is visible between the units, on the side wall. But I think your problem is where the hoses connect to the washer itself? Is there a little room behind the washer where you could angle a mirror to see where the hookup is located? And maybe get an arm down there with pliers to tighten the connections?

It may be both units are bolted to the frame and you'd have to slide the whole frame with units attached out to access the connection. That would probably mean removing the door and possible the trim around the door. Ours is dealer installed and I remember them saying they had to remove the trim to get it in there.

Sorry I'm not much help. Maybe a local dealer could give you some insights on how to get to the connections. Any dealer of decent size probably installs washers/dryers and most use the frame technique for stackables.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote