Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2005, 04:13 AM   #1
Sandi
Established Member

M.O.C. #4207
Fix for the seal on the Fantastic Fan!

We just called Fantastic Fan and Great News! They are replacing the old seals with new ones, regardless of the age of your coach, and it is FREE of charge! They include a new tube of sealant. Just call their 800 #, 1-800-521-0298, just the nicest people to deal with. Hope this is the right forum to post this and get to the most of you? Bob & Sandi Eddy

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:25 AM   #2
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Just ordered mine. He suggested that I use rubbing alcohol to clean up any excess sealant on the new gasket and dome after installing. Hadn't heard that in the previous posts about the replacement seals. Or I missed it in the previous posts. He also suggested using 303 on the new seal to prevent future sticking problems.

Thanks MOC
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:48 AM   #3
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
So is there a point in time when they switched seals in our production units? We have an '05.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:33 AM   #4
Sandi
Established Member

M.O.C. #4207

We also have an 05, and ours is being replaced. They said the new ones have a release agent right in the material. I'm sure ours doesn't. Ours is an early 05 so don't know if that would make a difference or not. You could ask them at Fantastic Fan, they are really nice people. Sandi
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:29 AM   #5
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Guess I'm jumping the gun a bit here. What is the problem with the old seal anyway? We're getting to the end of our camping season here (Colorado), and our warranty will be up in February. Working on getting known issues tended to while warranty is in effect. (Ordered a new micro/convection yesterday as the latch went south on the Apollo that came in the unit.)
We haven't had trouble with the fan as of yet, but I'm going to look at it.
Is anyone having their dealer do this upgrade under warranty, or are you all going to the fan people direct?

Thanks! Clyde
Old 09-29-2005, 04:54 AM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
The old seals stuck the lid to the point it will not open. Glen (Glen and Lorianne) posted about the gasket a week or so ago and I receive my new gasket 2 days after calling Fantastic Fan. I replaced it yesterday, it took about 15 minuets total to do the job. Now time will tell if the sticking problem will be resolved.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:39 AM   #7
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Just talked to the lady at Fantastic Fan....the seals in question are the ones on the 04-05 RVs. The seals somehow ended up with some sort of coating on them (unbeknownst to F.F.) which caused the majority of the sticking problems. If you have an '03 or earlier year Monty, ths replacement program probably won't apply to you. She did highly endorse the Aerospace 303 as a cleaner/lube for these seals.

Best
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:54 AM   #8
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Thanks for the great information Sandi! I just called fantastic vent and they are sending me a new seal etc. Great response from them. the seal on my 04 Monty is just sticking like crazy. maybe this will take care of it.

rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:40 AM   #9
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Discussed this with my dealer, (still under warranty). They hadn't heard of FF doing this yet, said they have been dusting the seals with baby powder or something similiar, and it works too. We'll see how this turns out.........If that doesn't work, will be on the phone to FF. (May just call them anyway....)
Old 10-27-2005, 07:15 AM   #10
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
Not only did they send out the new seal and sealant the day after I called, they offered to do it for us if we wanted to stop by. They are in MI and so are we, but about hrs away so will do it ourselves at the price of diesel! Great people to deal with just wish all Keystone problems were so easy to have acknowledge and fixed!
rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:12 AM   #11
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
Fantastic Fan is a great company. I broke a lid (my fault!) and called them to order a replacement and they sent it no charge, not even s&h. They said it should not broken as easily as it did (Dropped the mop on it while cleaning the roof, slipped right out of my hand).
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have an '03 RV but the fantastic fan was purchased and installed separately in late '04. I guess I'll have to call to see if ours needs the new seals. We've not yet had a sticking problem.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:45 AM   #13
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I just ordered our repair kit, you all were right, what a great bunch of folks they are at Fantastic Fan very friendly. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all companies were that nice to deal with.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote