Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2005, 05:13 PM   #21
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Hey, Joy. We worked with MIMF in Goshen last Spring. He is persistent and he will get this figured out for you. Just a tip, he really, really likes red velvet cake!
Okay everyone, If I am going to be baking "Red Velvet Cake(s)", thats plural because I gotta be able to feed ya all some and still have one for Dale to take home, does anyone have a really good recipe? I would prefer to make it by scratch if anyone has it? Keep in mind however you daring folks, I haven't done alot of baking for some time!! Remember, I just retired and haven't played Suzie homemaker for years. You just might want to practice your "ummm, ummmm that tastes good face"!!! But I'll give it my best shot!! See you all soon.

Joy

melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:49 AM   #22
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
I just went on the internet to find the "perfect Red Velvet" Recipe, oh my gosh!!! There are litterly hundreds of them!!! So, I really do need a good tryed and true recipe if anyone has one.
Joy
Old 09-21-2005, 11:05 PM   #23
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Joy,

If it is shaped like a cake, smells like a cake and has red frosting on it, you need to trust me when I say, I WILL eat it!!

Sounds to me that our slide room fixing party will turn into Red Velvet cake eating party.
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:17 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mel, think 'box'. Like in Betty Crocker!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:35 AM   #25
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Steve,
First of all, if you think "Mel" is going to bake it? Think again. He is still out to sea, and won't be home till Friday, and he has no idea about the baking that will be happening in the RV come October!! But really, I was kind of hopeing to find a scratch recipe, but if I have to, I guess I will resort to the "BOX" if I have to. Thanks for the "hint" anyway.

Joy
Old 09-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #26
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Joy, use a scratch recipe. There should be one available from Georgia on the 'net or somewhere authentic. But, excuse me, if I'm wrong. Doesn't red velvet cake have white cream cheese frosting with red food coloring in the cake part? I doubt that Dale claims to be an authority....he lives in Indiana, right?

Oops, I live a sheltered life. Glen said that he's had red velvet cake with RED frosting. My apologies.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:30 PM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Judy and Joy
I have been trying to find my receipe but it has been probably 15 years since I made one. Judy you are right about the frostings. But I think the red got added to the frosting in recent years. I didn't say this but maybe we are showing our age! The cocoa that is in the box receipe is much like mine, I know the chocolate gets there with cocoa and I also remember buttermilk but not the vinegar. I'm sure whatevet you come up with will be eaten.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 05:58 PM   #28
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thank you, Sue, for restoring a little faith in my memory. I thought I was having another "Senior" moment, which happen far too often. I don't have any of my southern recipe books with me but I bet if you go to the site for Southern Living magazine, you'll find the real thing there. They just have to have a recipe for this southern favorite.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 02:30 AM   #29
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
I opened a topic under what's cooking for Red Velvet Cake in hopes someone would bite. I haven't checked it yet today, who knows? Anyway I also asked about the "Red" Frosting there too, cause I had not heard of it either. I went to Fred Meyer Gro. Store last night to pick up a "cake mix" but they didn't have any, so I'll keep looking. I did find quite a few recipes on the net, but again, I was hoping someone had a tried and true one available. Oh well, like I said before, I'm always up for a challenge.

Joy